No announcement yet.

Family Fun Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have not yet tried my hand at buffing anything (still scared of burning through the clear).

We did however get our IS valance mounted.

On the bright side we scored a deal on some chassis stiffening parts from https://ultraracing-usa.com/ who provided us with front and rear sway bars, front and rear strut mounts, and an xbrace.

Here's some pics:

Initial impressions are good. Quality made products that bolted on easily with a high quality, shiny paint. Front bar is a 20mm and rear is a 19mm which may end up being a little THICC for our current springs. Track day tomorrow, we'll see how it does!!

Comment

Update after the track.

Car handled really nicely! I'm a big fan of how the chassis bracing and sway bar influenced the car. Much more neutral and a little easier to rotate despite a clear lack of power. Another three driver track day was completed with no real issues from this little car. We developed either an oil leak, possibly at the rear main seal, or a leak from the transmission breathing. Here's some pics!

All the guys, I'm in the middle if you want to roast me.

Comment

The paint looks good in those photos. How much of a time improvement have you made over the track days? I'm guessing they have all been at Thunderhill?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
          The paint looks good in those photos. How much of a time improvement have you made over the track days? I'm guessing they have all been at Thunderhill?
          Thanks! The paint could still use some work, it's certainly a 50 footer. Times haven't really improved too much. I've found myself not pushing the car TOO hard to save it for my dad and BIL since we're all driving it at the same time. That being said, I usually sit in the 2:15-2:20 lap times which is not exactly great honestly. I know this car has more in it but its definitely fun!

Comment

Working...
          X