And then there was Bella

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EastBayRoadster
    replied
    Hi Gents the Mtech 2 conversion and repaint of Bella is close to wrapping up and have two questions i'm hoping someone knows answers to. Specifically for the front valence i'm missing the two brackets at the bottom that connect up into the bumper (example picture attached), anyone know how to acquire? Secondly the brake vents clearly are not going to fit into the slots in the valance so there must be a piece that connects the two, anyone have a picture of what that looks like and how to acquire (perhaps aftermarket)?

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    I've always wondered why my 1990 325iS doesn't have the side skirts...

    Leave a comment:


  • DELPHINtimecapsule
    replied
    These skirts were only optioned in 1991 as part of a sports package. BMW dropped the 325is designation that year...you could get every single option added that earlier 325is models had, and additionally they offered these OEM skirts that year.

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    Question about the iS side skirts, I have an 1990 235iS and I do not have those side skirts. Were these an option on these cars?

    Leave a comment:


  • Iloveboost
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Iloveboost
    replied
    I have naught one kit of IS oem side skirt from ecs.

    i have to say that the kit is 100% complete and have every little things you need to install them .

    The fitment d?pend of how your rocker panel lip are .
    if the rocker panel lip is all straight , they will fit A1

    if not , you will have somes issue to make a proper fit at certain point .

    indont really know if they are really OEM BMW . But all the part number are stamped clearly on the parts .

    i have to cut little plastic excess here and there but really not a big deal .

    For the price , you cant have better option !

    inteally love them

    Leave a comment:


  • EastBayRoadster
    replied
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...kit/e30issskt/

    Anyone know anything positive or negative on the ECS tuning IS side skirts, website says it's all genuine BMW, can't seem to find any pics online of an e30 that's running these, don't know if they even look good?... I don't think i'm going to be able to source an OE MT2 or MT1 kit at any reasonable price or time frame like i initially wanted... I have an offter of $3,750.00 out to SVN 2002 on his OE MT2 but he's still not biting, $4k would be my next offer but that just seems a bit agregious to me so looking at other options like this IS side skirt ...

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    It all come down to the tune. Likely will need to add megasquirt and then you can have two different tunes, once for smog purposes and the other for power.

    Leave a comment:


  • wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by EastBayRoadster
    Thanks Gents for the info, while i try to locate an OEM MT2 kit for purchase, can anyone offer advice on how to pep up this stock M20B25 and still pass smog... is that really even possible (probably not) ?...I'm thinking maybe just build a separate M20 stroker motor and when smog comes every two years just swap back in the stock motor on a weekend? Can i build a nice stroker m20 with a $10K budget? What does it entail beyond the bimmer heads stroker bottom end kit, supersport 885 cylinder head, headers, squid chip? Is there a build thread someone can point me to to educate myself and build a proper budget out?
    theres plenty of info on here about strokers and smog. There's a guy on here with a 3.1 that passed smog I think. It should be fine. 2.8 is the most bang for buck and will definitely pass especially if the motor is fresh. This should be enough to go off of

    Leave a comment:


  • EastBayRoadster
    replied
    Thanks Gents for the info, while i try to locate an OEM MT2 kit for purchase, can anyone offer advice on how to pep up this stock M20B25 and still pass smog... is that really even possible (probably not) ?...I'm thinking maybe just build a separate M20 stroker motor and when smog comes every two years just swap back in the stock motor on a weekend? Can i build a nice stroker m20 with a $10K budget? What does it entail beyond the bimmer heads stroker bottom end kit, supersport 885 cylinder head, headers, squid chip? Is there a build thread someone can point me to to educate myself and build a proper budget out?

    Leave a comment:


  • Blake B
    replied
    Don't worry about resale value, there's no shortage of e30s out there. They made just as many as Ford made fox body mustangs. It's your car build it your way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Staszek
    replied
    Thats a tough one. I bought OE Mtech II kit for my car and they are VERY expensive brand new (if you can even get one) I have a brand new in the box set. You can find them used and if they are in good shape they are not cheap either, also many times they are missing the actual mounting parts.

    This guy is selling one for a 4 door for like $3200


    I can probably do better than that but its hard getting all the parts.

    That being said if your car is all original or close to it I might leave it. Mine was a mess when I bought it and basically a tear down so doing the Mtech was something I wanted to do because I wasnt thinking resale.

    That being said, I agree with TeJx, its your car do what you want and what you enjoy. Unless I am flipping a car specifically I never think about resale, I think about the enjoyment I will get.

    Is the cost going to bring you that enjoyment, thats the question:)

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by EastBayRoadster
    Reviving this thread: Gents my birthday is coming up and i'm strongly considering dumping some money into Bella to make her an Mtech 2 car (among other performance parts i've been collecting); I've been warned from an E30 FB group to stay away from the reproduction stuff and in general was advised to keep the car as is to protect it's resale value; Thoughts? I'm still a newbie to e30's, how would i go about locating an original set of MT2 body parts, anyone know of someone with some? Candid thoughts appreciated
    First of all, it's your car. Do what you want to with it. For me, my funds would be spent more on performance than appearance, but that's me.

    Leave a comment:


  • EastBayRoadster
    replied
    Reviving this thread: Gents my birthday is coming up and i'm strongly considering dumping some money into Bella to make her an Mtech 2 car (among other performance parts i've been collecting); I've been warned from an E30 FB group to stay away from the reproduction stuff and in general was advised to keep the car as is to protect it's resale value; Thoughts? I'm still a newbie to e30's, how would i go about locating an original set of MT2 body parts, anyone know of someone with some? Candid thoughts appreciated

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by jwetering
    I wonder what happened to you Rota wheels ? I may be interested in them if you still have them.

    Thanks
    Sold them

    Leave a comment:

Working...