86 325e + 99 ///M3 = 5 lug s52 e30 "Delphina"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 325e + 99 ///M3 = 5 lug s52 e30 "Delphina"

Felt I should share my build since I only take from these forums and never really give back. Ill try to keep it more photo oriented but I forecast I'll need some clarification on specifics that I have already thoroughly researched (thanks to all the various forums geared towards these cars, and realoem!)

I'm a moderately equipped, hobbyist mechanic. I've been tinkering most of my life with motorcycles and cars... and more recently airplanes.

Please enjoy, feel free to contribute positively or negatively... In which case I'll find humor in it so the joke is on you!

Bought this beauty in 2014. Her name "Delphina" came shortly after she became mine. Heavily influenced by her vintage of Delphin Gray.

Drove it some during the summer. In which time I spent "unfucking" what the PO had done and mostly just getting shit working and working correctly.

Straight grandma status..

Got the interior to this point and just drove it for a while.

Last edited by experim3ntal; 01-07-2019, 07:48 AM.

Was living in Bend Oregon for a while for school and some training. I was bored and had time off so I ripped back to Wisco, wrenched for a day then hit the road back to Bend in this car.

Back in Bend, cleaned up after the road trip and I scored some Q towers and Bars off another E30.

Jank exhaust... fixed shortly thereafter.

Last edited by experim3ntal; 01-07-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Steering Wheel upgrade... $pendy but worth it!

Also.. Euro Clock

Addressed the blown strut issue. Brand new H&R Race springs and used Billies.

The magnaflow was ghetto fabb'd to this car and after I tucked the bumpers it stuck out ricer style.

Also, the exhaust didnt want to be any closer to the ground in the middle of the car so lowering it really caused some problems there.

So I took 2 inches of pipe off in the middle, cut off all the brackets and re-welded them to situate it up higher also..

Last edited by experim3ntal; 01-07-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Test run on the new suspension.

From Bend, I went north on 97 to 197 through Maupin and down into The Dalles. That road is fun.

Ended up here.

Last edited by experim3ntal; 01-07-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Any more photos of your steering wheel? Small diameter or larger diameter? Did Stitched wheels do it? Added padding?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            Any more photos of your steering wheel? Small diameter or larger diameter? Did Stitched wheels do it? Added padding?
            I dont have any right now as its off the car wrapped up to stay pretty.

I believe its the 385mm one. It was either hard to find a 370mm in this style or they were significantly more expensive I forgot what drove me to accept the 385mm wheel.

As far as additions to padding im also unsure. I bought one from a guy that sends them overseas and has them recovered, and I bought another one direct from Ukraine or something like that..
            Last edited by experim3ntal; 01-07-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Phuck Photobucket. Flickr from now on...

I bought this about a year ago to rip apart...

Last edited by experim3ntal; 01-07-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Bought that Salvage 99 M3 with about 155k on it that ran and drove but was very neglected. I drove it into my garage for tear down. Runs strong enough to where Im not immediately concerned about rebuilding it. Just a really good cleaning. Since parting the rest of the car out, im up about $3000 and still have all the good stuff I originally set out for.

Block is very nasty.

While stripping the block down. I mocked my 5 lug roller together. I'm glad I did because I realized how much stuff needed greater attention. Ill post more in detail when I go about resolving those issues.

Comment

Block cleaned up fairly well. I need to swap the pan and oil pump pickup. Will be safety wiring the infamous nut on the pump also when I am in there.

And starting chopping the bay for a wire tuck... Its gone a little over board...

Burned a little deeper than I'd have liked to cutting off the brackets and such especially on the passenger side but I think they should be manageable to fill with some filler (any recommendations regarding taking care of this please advise)

ABS is also getting deleted. This is going to be a summer only, street beater. If I decide I need it in the future because I decide to track the car or for whatever reason I plan to install some sort of aftermarket improved setup over 30 year old factory technology.

Comment

As you can see I've ripped apart my 5 lug roller. That was just first phase mock up. I've got these rear trailing arms. I believe they are Z3 or 318TI but I cannot find the part number anywhere online to confirm. They have the wide offset hubs, but I really need some help identifying them so I can address rear brake calipers and caliper brackets.

Comment

Working...
                    X