Clear All

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Looks nice!
    Thanks John!

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Nice find!

Going to be a great looking car with only a few mods, some soap and water, and a little elbow grease.
    I think so too. Found dude from Ohio was the seller, works in an independent BMW shop. He took good care of her.

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
    Damn I'd fix mechanical and cosmetic and leave as is! She's a beauty
    Yeah there's no rush on the cosmetics, and to be honest the ETA motor has plenty of torque - she's quite nice to drive.

Originally posted by Stvstr View Post
    It looks great, I was watching that BAT auction and thought you got a good deal.
    Thanks! I've been bidding on a few auctions the last couple of months. I know what I'm willing to pay and don't waste time under bidding if I'm sure we're gonna hit that price. I kept losing the auctions I bid on though. Not this time, I think due in part to the auction photos and time of year.

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    Sweet project........
    Thanks Raul!

I got to see her in person today and believe it or not the only serious rust is in the pass side lower fender! couldn't believe my eyes as I jacked the car up to inspect the tail panel battery tray area, license plate light area, wheel wells, trunk... A bit of surface rust in the battery tray area but no perforation. A rusty fuel vent line cover (that now crazy expensive part that covers the fuel vapor lines running from the fuel filler).

Even the jack points are intact, along with the floor pan.

Car came with refinished 16" ACT/Ronals, rear houndstooth headrests, new H&R springs and rear shock mounts.. Car is all intact, unmodified, clearly adult drive. Just crazy.

104k miles on the ODO, consistent with the last Carfax. Seller also confirmed they put 6 miles on the car when they replaced the ODO gears. So I've got a winner here.

I'm picking the car up next weekend after Christmas. 1st order of business is cutting off the pass fender lower rear section and grinding+POR on any undercarriage rust. I have a spare fender in my attic so I'll drop that off at my favorite shop for paint.

Rest has to wait til I finally start taking my parts car IX apart.. need to get rid of it soon. Also Godfrey my restoration IX is going into @mposer's garage for a while so we have more room.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Nice find!

Going to be a great looking car with only a few mods, some soap and water, and a little elbow grease.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Sweet project........

Leave a comment:

• Stvstr
    replied
    It looks great, I was watching that BAT auction and thought you got a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• Court M3
    replied
    Damn I'd fix mechanical and cosmetic and leave as is! She's a beauty

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Looks nice!

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    started a topic Cosmoblau basic stroker build

Cosmoblau basic stroker build

This is a placeholder for a new build thread.
    Just bought this beautiful thing, my first BaT purchase..

It's a Cosmoblau 5 speed 325 ETA, "104k indicated miles"

Build info:
    VIN WBAAB5400G9692270
    Type Code 1254 E Series E30 ()
    Series 3
    Type LIM
    Model 325E (USA)
    Steering LL
    Doors 2
    Engine M20
    Displacement 2.70
    Power 125KW
    Drive HECK
    Transmission MECH
    Colour COSMOSBLAU METALLIC (185)
    Upholstery (0212) **Pacific Blue Houndstooth Cloth**
    Prod Date 1986-06-23

S210A Dynamic stability control
    S286A BMW LA wheel BMW Styling
    S300A Emergency spare wheel
    S410A Window lifts, electric, front
    S530A Air conditioning
    S556A Outdoor temperature indicator
    Will be picking it up next week. Tentative plans (already have most of the parts):
    -- install included H&R+Sachs suspension
    -- any urgent mechanicals
    -- rust repair asap (front fender lower rears, trunk battery area)
    -- replace vent line trim panel in pass rear wheel well (if I can find one)
    -- 885 head
    -- 3.73 LSD
    -- repair the AC
    -- repair / replace factory radio if needed (I have a spare CM5908 with Jay's CantaloupeRadio BT board)
    -- euro-bumper conversion (use my Callie's chrome bumper set)

Very excited about this purchase! Just need to let my wife know before it shows up ha.
    Last edited by bradnic; 12-20-2018, 09:56 PM.
Working...
X