Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iXguido
    replied
    Buy the m5 drivetrain and swap that in the touring!

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    No plans for AC?
    I plan on it but its still on R12.. You don't see the compressor because it's dangling in the engine bay with AC lines still attached/ system charged still.
    Last edited by KIRIEIW; 01-26-2019, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    No plans for AC?

Leave a comment:

• oekundar
    replied
    subscribed.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Following this closely as I plan on doing the same thing in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    So I got tons of work done today. Basically this things ready to drop in now. Tons of new parts including water pump, tstat and aluminum tstat housing, exhaust manifold gaskets, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, belt, belt tensioner pulley, new knock sensors, goes on and on..

I picked up some free S50 BOSCH coils off of craigslist a while back along with a e36 starter.. Glad I did because they came in handy today :D. The seller of this S50 didn't include any coils with the engine. He also didn't have the "M Power" cover (transferred it over to his replacement S50) so I'm debating on either using the stock M50 cover or just no cover at all till I find one.

Oh, I also gave the block a quick coat of black high temp paint to clean it up.

Specs so far:
    -S50
    -e34 exhaust manifolds
    -1993 e34 manual transmission engine harness
    (My 1992 wagon doesn't have VANOS so I needed a e34 harness that has VANOS)
    -e34 engine mount arms
    -e34 power steering pump
    -e34 oil pan with oil pick up

Few pics;

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 01-27-2019, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    More work done! I got the cylinder head bolted down/ torqued to spec and did tons of preventive maintenance "while I'm in there".

-New timing chain
    -New oil pump chain w/ safety wired nut.
    -Timing Chain Guides
    -Timing Cover Gaskets
    -Head Gasket
    -Vanos Rebuild

Leave a comment:

• paynemw
    replied
    I support e34 wagon content.

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Wagons are the best!

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    Subscribed.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
    I LOVED my E34T. My only gripe was the M50 was underpowered and always drempt of an S50/manual swap. Sadly my ex ruined that car and it's gone now. Killer build, I'll be watching.

Also I may be interested in some parts of that M50NV if you havent trashed it yet.
    Can't wait to see how a S50 in a e34 wagon feels, its just shy of 400 pounds heavier then a e36 M3.

Yup still got tons of parts on that M50NV considering I just pulled it a few hours ago :D. Send me a PM if your interested in anything. Engine harness, timing covers, cylinder head, tons of stuff not being used.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_S
    replied
    I LOVED my E34T. My only gripe was the M50 was underpowered and always drempt of an S50/manual swap. Sadly my ex ruined that car and it's gone now. Killer build, I'll be watching.

Also I may be interested in some parts of that M50NV if you havent trashed it yet.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Which brings me to where I am now, today I had some fun. Pulled the engine out along with the trans. Check out that angle :D. I also scrubbed up the engine bay clean and removed a few parts off the M50.

If you plan on swapping a S50 into a e34 you'll need to transfer over a few parts such as the oil pan, oil pick up, power steering pump, exhaust manifolds, e34 vanos engine harness and engine mount arms.

Still tons of work to do, but the goal is to get it running and driving within a few weekends.. stay tuned.

And the original alcantara Mtech 2 steering wheel I ordered from Greece came in the mail ;D

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 01-18-2019, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    So I brought the cylinder head to a local machine shop, he hot tanked the head clean, repaired the spark plug threads on that one cylinder, replaced the valve stem seals, pressure tested the head/ crack inspection, and lastly re surfaced the head. Here's a pic of it at the shop after having all the work done:

Removing the cams before being dropped off at the machine shop

Bearing looks good :D. No point in replacing the bearings on this engine.

A junkyard was parting out a e34 M5 locally (Don't ask me why, it had no accident damage and still running) but I took advantage of the situation and got a few things such as a strut brace and M5 brakes for decent deal inducing pads/ rotors.

And reassembling the cylinder head after having the work performed.

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 01-27-2019, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Few updates..

The e36 I pulled the M52 from at the junkyard went to the junkyard for a reason, worn rod bearings :D. I kept debating on rebuilding it but in the end dumped that POS (returned it and got my money back).

So I played the waiting game for a new engine, and a S50 came up for sale locally. It had no compression in Cylinder 3 according to the owner but I took a chance and bought it cause he was asking pennies. I got so damn lucky, in the end the issue was the spark plug threads were stripped out just enough on cyl 3 causing the cylinder not to seal, causing 0 compression.

S50 loaded up! Also a pic at home on the stand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X