This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
    My sense of accomplishment comes when I can diagnose and foresee a problem and then plan accordingly with a jack, jackstands and correct parts vs rolling my car up on a curb to get under it and then making due with parts from inside of a gas station. But don't get me wrong, I have definitely been there. I've made my old m10 work with a ghetto makeshift cord for an alt belt just to get to the nearest vatozone.

Also the reason why I have a jackstand and pretty full tool set in my trunk
    I have all the mentioned at home of course and I don't trust a jack stand OEM that's why I went on the curb which one do you carry in your car?

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
      Any idea how your line broke? This isn't something I thought of as a possible faliure point. Says the guy who's brake caliper fell off at 45 mph.
      Fuel Hose was already rotting and cracking and I believe it might not be up to spec as it was very easy to pull off the fuel hardlines. They actually tore off with little effort from the fuel filter.

Comment

New fuel filter just installed! Tighten all fuel hoses. Ordered some thermal wrapping for the intake.

Comment

Wrap the intake manifold and whatever else there is

Comment

Great for the wires! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVZLCQY..._3iNPCb4FASGRW

Comment

A piece of the fuel hose In question

Comment

These might protect my new spark plug wires, Should all be here tommorow!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                  I have all the mentioned at home of course and I don't trust a jack stand OEM that's why I went on the curb which one do you carry in your car?
                  There is no oem jackstand. I use the one legged bandit (aka oem jack) and support with a jackstand if possible.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                    There is no oem jackstand. I use the one legged bandit (aka oem jack) and support with a jackstand if possible.
                    Yes autocorrect, sorry that's what I meant I don't trust it as some recommend a "quality" jack but I can't find examples small enough to fit. so just keep in rolling with the OEM and throw a jack stand in ? Sweet!

Comment

Installed

Comment

Did you velcro it?
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Did you velcro it?
                          Yes , it's perfect! Home Depot about $20 everything. The extinguisher comes fired with a plastic bracket already so I out Velcro on its flat side.

Going to use springs to reinforce my fuel lines on there bends.

You only need one piece of that velcro. It comes in packs of 2, going to use the rest to Velcro my small basket of extra oil/antifreeze from sliding in the trunk.
                          Last edited by Sonny; 04-05-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Car 1200 Degree Spark Plug Wire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0196D53NU...p_mob_ap_share
                            the spark plug wires pictured below

I also received my 30 foot roll of gold reflective tape, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039Z5TYU...p_mob_ap_share

also fix up the wiring mess with these miracles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVZLCQY..._oj8PCbWRZ461S
                            Last edited by Sonny; 04-05-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Gold tape, Velcro on the fire extinguisher. Your going down a dark path if rice.
                              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Gold tape, Velcro on the fire extinguisher. Your going down a dark path if rice.
                                Also I am doing the water pump, thermostat, all fan belts, timing chain tensioner tonight , no rice at all I hate that, I have the quietest exhaust around and tint as dark as my complexion so that people don't see a newbie driving around
                                Last edited by Sonny; 04-05-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X