Our new Project E30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmer Ese View Post

Thanks for the close-up pic of the wheels. Do you get any wheel rub?

Dan
    Just from the little we've driven it up and down the driveway we get a little rub when the wheel is at full lock. The 10mm spacer we have isn't quite enough, and it's rubbing on the inside. The tire size is 235/45/17, and we have some RA-1's ready to go on later which are 235/40/17, should fix the rubbing. Remember, we are running E36M3 front brakes, so the offsets we're working with aren't exactly what you'd expect with a standard E30M3 5-lug conversion. Our rotors have a 15mm spacer between the rotor and hub plus a 10mm spacer between the rotor and wheel. Otherwise the rim rubs the strut housing.

Keeping it Diamantschwarz or what?
    Definitely not. We're considering Electric Red. It was offered in the E39's and the new E90's. It's inbetween Henna and Helrot. A nice red with just a hint of orange. Not too out of the ordinary, but still easy to spot.
    Mike

www.purems.com |Temecula, CA | 866-397-5487

Comment

Electric red, is going to look so pimp, i also have e36 m3 brakes on my car, great stopping power, i am sure you will be pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by MikekiM View Post
        Just from the little we've driven it up and down the driveway we get a little rub when the wheel is at full lock. The 10mm spacer we have isn't quite enough, and it's rubbing on the inside. The tire size is 235/45/17, and we have some RA-1's ready to go on later which are 235/40/17, should fix the rubbing. Remember, we are running E36M3 front brakes, so the offsets we're working with aren't exactly what you'd expect with a standard E30M3 5-lug conversion. Our rotors have a 15mm spacer between the rotor and hub plus a 10mm spacer between the rotor and wheel. Otherwise the rim rubs the strut housing.
        You may find you need steering stops, I'm running the TMS ones with 245/40's upfront, no rubbing at all :)

25mm worth of spacers on the front is a lot, that will putting some strain on the wheels bearings and lug bolts/studs!!

So the 235/45 up front doesn't rub the footwell?? My 245/40's are real close when the wheel is turned and I thought 235/45's would have rubbed!?!?!

Project is looking good!!! Very good workmanship & quality. Good to see.
        292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti View Post
          You may find you need steering stops, I'm running the TMS ones with 245/40's upfront, no rubbing at all :)

25mm worth of spacers on the front is a lot, that will putting some strain on the wheels bearings and lug bolts/studs!!

So the 235/45 up front doesn't rub the footwell?? My 245/40's are real close when the wheel is turned and I thought 235/45's would have rubbed!?!?!

Project is looking good!!! Very good workmanship & quality. Good to see.
          We're going to look into steering stops after we settle on the final wheel/tire combination. There's a chance we won't need any. The rubbing isn't bad, and it's only when the wheel is at full lock.

We haven't driven the car yet, nor really settled the ride height. The weight of the car is changing so much still, we'll wait until everything's in and set the height up a bit to help reduce any rubbing chances.

Thanks!
          Mike

Comment

henna rot and hell red are the same thing are they not? I always thaught hell red was english for hennarot, am i correct?

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by MikekiM View Post
              We're going to look into steering stops after we settle on the final wheel/tire combination. There's a chance we won't need any. The rubbing isn't bad, and it's only when the wheel is at full lock.

We haven't driven the car yet, nor really settled the ride height. The weight of the car is changing so much still, we'll wait until everything's in and set the height up a bit to help reduce any rubbing chances.

Thanks!
              I am running 235/40/17, on a 17x7.5 wheel with an ET of 20. It is the perfect size, and just barely rubs on the front inner well. Very slight hammer taps and no rubbing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by motorprestige View Post
                henna rot and hell red are the same thing are they not? I always thaught hell red was english for hennarot, am i correct?
                no. HellRot is more red than HennaRot.

Comment

Great project. Have fun with it out there...where ever you going with it.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I would like to see an update on this car.
                    1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                    1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                    1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                    1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by motorprestige View Post
                      AFAIK, Hellrot is 'Bright Red' (314)

Henna, lawsonia inermis, is a plant with a red-orange dye molecule, lawsone.

Hennarot, is simply 'Henna Red' (052) in English.
                      Trevor Ely
                      '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                      '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by E30Andy View Post
                        I would like to see an update on this car.
                        We just started working on the body, repairing some minor dents and dings. We'll have some more photos this weekend once it's all sanded down.
                        Mike

Comment

dam..maybe if i become a helicoper pilot and make big bucks, i would want to do the same, but intill that day ill be a "dreamer" but i will try not to do anything half ass.
                          but nice ass car, nice progress, and i hope to see it finished.

Comment

Damn I can't belief I havn't seen this till now. that thing is going to be sick as hell. and those wheels look fucking titts on an e30.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                              What is up with this one pipe that goes to the trunk floor? Was it not long enough?
                              can i suggest that there is in fact something such as a stupid question?
                              8380 Laboratories
                              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
                                can i suggest that there is in fact something such as a stupid question?
                                No...

That was not a stupid question. Some cages are built using different procedures than others. This one he obviously was not familiar with.
                                Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X