A few updates of whats going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few updates of whats going on

Well After about 6 months from the cock tease thread my car is finally back on the road... barley

had to fix a heatercore leak and clean the carpet, plus put in the M seats and street bar so... interior had to go.

While the interior was out James was nice enough to wire the car, removing the things i didnt want (OBC harness's, Cruise Control plus fix the mistakes the Previous owner made on the Audio).

The E36 M3 seat (non vader) i dont like the look of vaders in the E30. these look more at home.

Today was another big step as i began the welding of the roll cage, accually James's dad joe did all the real work, i just helped

I know it is just tacked in... im going to re-enforce the bottom then bolt it in again, then joe is going to lay a good bead.

and finally the E36 rack is in and converted to Non-Power steering

The freshly ceramiced headers are now in too. there is a CAT but it should be deleted soon for a standered midpipe very soon.

ill update more soon.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

looks good, do you plan to take the paint off the BMW on the valve cover. It looks like some has come off....
    sigpic

Comment

why is there a speaker in the middle of where the dash should be?
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Yea the valve cover will be switched, it will be black with red lettering and the red manifold will have black...

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
        Surround sound... DUH!

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
          Looks like it was just stuck there temporarily. I love magnetism, so convenient. :)

"If I were filthy rich I'd still drive my E30."

Comment

you're gonna haveta bust balls for the picnic~! and those wheels look great!

Comment

Update 7 days till picnic

little update, today i finished bolting in the street bar, i had to knock out the fuel line and brake line brackets to have it fit flush... then i put the rock guard up inplace and make sure there was no contact issues.

While i was there i straightend the little body rails from the previous owners mis-jack-ups. i will also repaint it black till i can decide; and then find the sideskirts i want...

then i finished putting on the ireland enginering muffler ive had for years and am still very happy with. I still am going to have the cat deleted but that will be later.

i got the carpet ready to go in as well, i wish it came out this well from the steam clean but alas, i had to Dye it... its ok though, the color is noticably darker then stock but i think it is going to look better with the black seats going in.

My insterment cluster was finished as well, cost me 30 dollars for the rings and the paint. :-) i think it looks amazing for the cost. it also took me forever to find brushed aluminum rings and not shitty chrome ones. (not trying to bash chrome might work for you i just hate it on E30 clusters.)
              I still have to do the MPG needle so please point that out. haha

Ok, thats it for today/last night, i also found another right tail light lense but it was cracked as well, i put it on casue it was better then what i had but there is no need to show that.
              Thanks

Comment

you put way too much work into that car
                bouncy!!!!

Comment

update

Ok today after work i was tackled the M3 seats, I only did the passanger today because A) i wanted to make sure it would all work out easy and B) I could only fit one seat in the car :-)
                  So the seat fit fine on one of the front studs so i kept it as a reference point for the seat itself. the other stud by the door was cut out due to a clearance issue. then the three new holes were drilled.

Next i installed the seat on the stud and used bolts for the new holes. After it was in i was impressed with how well it fit and how low it is compaired to the E30 seat. Im 6'2 and sitting in the car with a helmet will no longer be an issue.

I still need to get the money together and have the M stripes turned into German flag strips. HOPEFULLY, the other seat and the lap belt part of the seat belt bracket will be installed tomorrow durring my lunch break at work and when i get home i can tackle the carpet (fingers crossed)

I can also start the carpet tomorrow because today joe crivellone finished the welding on my street bar!!! sweet. he could have welded it prettier but it will be unseen so there was no point.

So now all i have to do is rip out the seats and primer the bare areas to prevent rust, plug a few holes that wolnt be used anymore and then lay some carpet.
                  hopefully i can update tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr2004 View Post
                    joe crivellone finished the welding on my street bar!!! sweet. he could have welded it prettier but it will be unseen so there was no point.
                    Forwarding to his email as we speak :p

Comment

Die the carpet grey or black before it's too late.

Car looks awesome!
                      Last edited by Fanzotti; 06-04-2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X