No announcement yet.

Building my Mtech-1, Full Build-up Pictorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was hard to realize how much you actually did. amazing dude. awesome write up and incredible work. much props!!!:D

Originally posted by rwdrift
    Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
    - Erick

Comment

Wow.. that was an amazing writeup. It was fun to read through all of that. Keep it up man. Hope to see you guys sometime later this summer for a meet or something.
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Amazing, great work, respect! The part where you started talking about fixing the shifter slop had me glued to the screen, only to realize that it won't apply to my early shifter :(

Great job James!
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Damn dude, I'm totally jealous of the time and money that you were able to spend on that project! I hope I can do that for my 6er, which will also be a beautiful white
          '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

can you tell more detalis about the engine? 2.8L... did you use stock management, or the custom chip? Amazing work! it's perfect!
            sigpic

Comment

wow, took my work computer a solid 5 min to fully load the first page!!

very nice write-up. i think it took me 35min to read the whole thing. i didnt catch it, but what was the reason for the 2nd rebuild? was the block shot, or was it b/c of the valve guides leaking oil all over the place?
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

ok so you have a nice car! I would hope the owner of this site has something better than run of the mill e30.

Strait up Man, that is simply amazing! Amazing craftsmanship!
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Hey James, great thread :) Incredible rebuild on your E30 and it's great to see you got the M-Tech 1 kit sorted.

How is your custom made shifter part working out?

Also, as a recommendation for engine management perhaps a dyno tuned piggyback unit like the Unichip would be good for your 2.8L stroker. Perhaps the best route to take imho, at least when you have such a mix of engine parts, etc.

Comment

damn, now that is hot. i love the mtech 1, i need to fix up my mtech 1 e28 stuff.

A+
                    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

wow

stellar

Thanks so much for sharing !
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

But can it DRIFT?!?!?!?! lol see ya saturday.

Lots of drama today huh? haha

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

simply fucking amazing. that is all.

Comment

Nice writeup. :up:

Did replacing all the rubber bushings with metal ones make the shifter buzz or vibrate much now?

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                            '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                            '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                            SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Sick. This is how a thread should be done. This thread is the exact opposite of teaser threads. :mrgreen:

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

props to you James...It is probably safe to say that you have the best condition m-tech 1 in the world.
                                sigpic
                                An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Working...
                                X