• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More maintenance... so I just might be able to drive it before
    winter.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
      the police don't like e30s or your stickers?
      Both.I ve been pulled over many many times before and after putting on the matte films...Most of them say my "car looks suspicious"!
      N.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
      It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
      you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Fitted TMS Rack limiters. Finally my 17 x 8's don't foul the inner guard on full lock.. :)
        sigpic
        BumbleE30 M52 2.8i

Comment

Top Engine Rebuild

Brand new:
          cylinder head casting
          stock grind camshaft
          valves
          rockers
          cylinder head to heater valve hose
          fuel hose
          water pump
          thermostat
          thermostat housing and housing cover
          temperature sender
          coolant level sender
          fuel injector plug board/harness
          fan shroud
          timing belt and tensioner
          head gasket set
          head bolt set
          power steering reservoir
          spark plugs
          magnetic engine oil drain plug

fuel injector cleaning and refurb by Witch Hunter

Should be set for another 21 years and 241,000 miles! :D
          sigpic
          over 240,000 miles served
          original owner since Oct. 31, 1989

Comment

-Painted headlight retainers
            -Fixed dome lights
            -Replaced tranny to driveshaft flexible coupling
            -New tires!
            Last edited by Derptastic; 10-30-2010, 07:23 PM.
            1988 Alpinweiß 325i 4D 5SPD

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
              looked at it, then wished the batteries werent dead and had good registration
              Dude, do I need to drive up there and get you out of the house?

Comment

dash swap.
                installed mtech 1 wheel.
                replaced broken ellips.
                new roundel.
                Last edited by ethrtyiS; 10-30-2010, 08:16 PM.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

Shampooed my new grey berber carpet and FINALLY shipped out my old one, now I need to ship out my seats, and start pulling apart my new ones for their rebuild.

And this Sunday, the real fun starts.

Comment

Z4 3.0 Shifter and new bushings, painted headlight rings, washed and waxed, cleaned up my swap a little more, drove it around to enjoy the shifter, then drove it to my favorite body shop Color Crafters in Clinton to have my rust fixed. Felt like a productive day but I didn't get my head unit in because the wiring is all hacked up. I'll get it in one day...

Comment

The Z4 shifter I'd like to do. We have to meet up one day.

I ripped out the interior and scrubbed it all down.

Tried to fix my broken seats with no luck (won't recline, or really adjust at all).

Did fix my window switch so all 4 windows work. Heated seat switch was cleaned, lit up, then on next start up wouldn't light again. All switches work, not all light. Fair enough.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

^I have the speaker panels just didn't get in for the picture. The seats cleaned to a few shades lighter. Turned out really nice. Trying to restore to original as best I can without spending the big money on restoration products. It's OK to show age in my eyes.

I had a great time today. Tomorrow I will tinker some more. Anyone turning a wrench tomorrow? I got a pile of new OEM hoses in the trunk, may replace 'em. Or keep detailing.

For those interested, Poorboy's World APC diluted at 10:1, sprayed on, set, scrubbed with nylon brush, wiped dry. Repeated several times. Dressed and buffed with PBW Natural Look x3. Used PBW Trim Restore on some of the trim. Carpet was vac'd x100, scrubbed with APC and some cheap Turtle Wax carpet cleaner. Pink highlighter type stain is still there.
                      Last edited by CabrioPunk; 11-03-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Retinted side markers and bumper lights and cleared them this time. Also red'ed out my tails and tinted them too. Turns out Hot Rod Candy Apple Red isn't really close to being just Candy Apple red...thus why they are tinted, to try to even the colors out.

85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

bought a 4th set of wheels :p

Comment

It's a good thing you blurred out your license plate, now the few hundred regularly active members on the site can't see your plate number and do something immoral to either you or your car. Hopefully the few thousand people that see your car in real life every day will follow suit.

Comment

It's an attempt to protect my gold mine of an oil reserve sitting under my car ;)
                              85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Noted. Now I can go back to trying to convince myself that the blur effect on your license plates is the unexpected side affect of a bad batch of movie theater popcorn butter that causes the victim to experience a state of focused hallucination that only manifests itself on photographs of 20-something year old California license plates.

Comment

Working...
                                X