Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapped fuel pumps, two of them, a total of three times and diagnosed a bunch of other shit. Then spent 3 hours total driving around trying to figure out how to get the generic piece of crap pump I sourced locally to adapt to the fittings I needed.

Blunt in the end will have my (correct) parts here Tuesday. I love this man.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Thanks for the info, Teaguer. I'm sure I'll be needing a new driveshaft soon, and I'll be damned if I'm going to cheap out on another used BMW unit, and their retarded non-serviceable u-joints. The place locally that does driveshaft balancing and service won't even touch mine, because they don't have the right kind of equipment to mount it up.

Comment

best bday present i've given mylself
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
        past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

Originally posted by DÌEGØ View Post
          best bday present i've given mylself
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRc4BrOSEFI
          The video was kinda dark, and it sounded like your car sneezed? Does it have a cold?

:?
          Been with me for 16 years...
          sigpic
          Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
            Thanks for the info, Teaguer. I'm sure I'll be needing a new driveshaft soon, and I'll be damned if I'm going to cheap out on another used BMW unit, and their retarded non-serviceable u-joints. The place locally that does driveshaft balancing and service won't even touch mine, because they don't have the right kind of equipment to mount it up.
            The 2-piece design is a big problem as well as the non-serviceable u-joints.
            The piece I refer to may not solve that issue unless you are fine going with a custom lenght (aluminum or CF) 1-piece domestic style d-shaft.
            I'm not aware of any place that will build a new or modify 2-piece d-shaft.

Heres the piece in question. Simple yet effective:
            Why You Might Need One. When doing a V8 swap into a BMW, the BMW U-joint is non-serviceable and requires special machining to replace. Stealth Conversion’s heavy-duty BMW driveshaft conversion flange has the same bolt pattern and pilot dimensions as the stock BMW driveshaft flange, but it uses the road-tested Dana 131

best bday present i've given myself
            Nice work. :up:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

funny story:
              as soon as i finished today I dropped the car and went for a test drive. still no down-pipe so its loud as hell and i haven't put valence/bumper, only got one headlight and got wires hanging everywhere oh and no hood. i passed a cop going the opposite direction (i tried to be sneaky and put it in neutral to make it as quiet as possible) he pulls a bitch, I knew he was coming for me so I pulled over and (again trying to be sneaky) turned off my car as fast as i could.
              cop- you probably know why i pulled you over
              me-yeah. you know i've been working on it all spring break. I just finished today and wanted to test drive it.
              cop -[as he goes to the front of the car and looks at my bay] did you put a new motor?
              me- no I put in a new clutch/timing belt/h20 pump etc
              cop- well you shouldne be test driving it w/o a bumper/hood
              me- (thinking wtf he didnt notice the fmic/piping huge and bright green top mount turbo or that it has no exhaust??) YEAH....
              cop- go straight home and dont be driving w/o those
              me- ok. I actually didnt know not having a hood was illegal.
              cop- yea its $124 for every piece missing
              then I sat in my car and pretended to make a call till he left so he wouldn't hear my car. strategy is now proven to work :)
              past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

ahahaha great story man,

Comment

Wrapped my trans tunnel in 2 layers deep of Peel & Seal, it's a foil-backed adhesive asphalt material (actually used for roofing patches, but nearly identical to Dynamat)
                  would the asphalt smell during hot days?

Comment

getting going on my wrap. The trunk, spoiler, and front fenders are done.The rest of the car is sanded and prepped.
                    sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Originally posted by 10-66kruk View Post

getting going on my wrap. The trunk, spoiler, and front fenders are done.The rest of the car is sanded and prepped.

oo that looks like a fun project. nice wheels on the rear :)
                      -Paolo
                      1986 325e RIP.
                      1989 525i
                      1986 635CSI

Comment

funny story:
                        as soon as i finished today I dropped the car and went for a test drive. still no down-pipe so its loud as hell and i haven't put valence/bumper, only got one headlight and got wires hanging everywhere oh and no hood. i passed a cop going the opposite direction (i tried to be sneaky and put it in neutral to make it as quiet as possible) he pulls a bitch, I knew he was coming for me so I pulled over and (again trying to be sneaky) turned off my car as fast as i could.
                        cop- you probably know why i pulled you over
                        me-yeah. you know i've been working on it all spring break. I just finished today and wanted to test drive it.
                        cop -[as he goes to the front of the car and looks at my bay] did you put a new motor?
                        me- no I put in a new clutch/timing belt/h20 pump etc
                        cop- well you shouldne be test driving it w/o a bumper/hood
                        me- (thinking wtf he didnt notice the fmic/piping huge and bright green top mount turbo or that it has no exhaust??) YEAH....
                        cop- go straight home and dont be driving w/o those
                        me- ok. I actually didnt know not having a hood was illegal.
                        cop- yea its $124 for every piece missing
                        then I sat in my car and pretended to make a call till he left so he wouldn't hear my car. strategy is now proven to work :)
                        Bad a$$ clip man, love the turbo. Yeah the blue birds don't always pay attention to that sort of stuff. Why were you worried about him seeing the turbo?
                        sigpic
                        85 swartz/metallic 325E
                        84 alpine 325E
                        85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                        84 Bronzit 318i/sold
                        purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Driveline Service Of Portland (OR) was all about some 2 piece or 1 driveshafts the last time i talked to them. Full custom or stock, Im pretty sure they mod bmw shafts to use replaceable U joints as well.
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman View Post
                            Bad a$$ clip man, love the turbo. Yeah the blue birds don't always pay attention to that sort of stuff. Why were you worried about him seeing the turbo?
                            Idk I just thought he'd give me more shit for it and all the mods i've done to the car.....but thanks, its REALLY fun! :mrgreen:

Comment

Funny story Diego! Glad you were so fortunate with a warning.

Took apart the window switches and cleaned those little fuckers this morning. Hope it solves my issue.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                              $5 shipped?
                              Originally posted by MarkD
                              You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

What a difference new guides chain and sprockets do in a m42 easy job to do also
                                Originally posted by bmwm42
                                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
                                X