Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah, I think I got lazy, this is the 3rd engine swap... :)

Bit late for a build thread, it's just about done. I should take some more pics whilst still clean, thanks for the love :)
    88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Finally finished off the remaining parts for my Front End Suspension Refresh.

New UUC front Sway Bar kit, New Lemforder Control Arms, New Lemforder Lollipops w/ New Powerflex Bushing and New Lemforder e36m3 Tierods w/ New boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram @prsvere88
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

awesome. does it feel pretty different now? make a big difference?

Comment

Did a cosmetic detail of the engine (freaked out about causing water damage to any electronics):

Downside after driving today, noticed some oil weeping from here:

:(
          Ah...the life of a new E30 owner!

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
          H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

Originally posted by elDizzle View Post
            Did a cosmetic detail of the engine (freaked out about causing water damage to any electronics):

Downside after driving today, noticed some oil weeping from here:

:(
            Ah...the life of a new E30 owner!

I too get scared about the water damage. I believe i have a leak in that spot too, next time i change the oil I'm going to try and figure it out, did u change your head gasket recently? I think mines is leaking from there and the oil pan which were both changed. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Garrick2007 View Post
              I too get scared about the water damage. I believe i have a leak in that spot too, next time i change the oil I'm going to try and figure it out, did u change your head gasket recently? I think mines is leaking from there and the oil pan which were both changed. -_-

Changed oil, and when I cleaned the bottom end, noticed the leak. The HG (Victor Reinz gasket) was changed about 35k mi ago. But it looks like it's leaking between cylinders 3 & 4 . I'm not experiencing any major oil loss issues or typical HG leak issues (yet...knock on wood). I get that foul oil-burning smell tho. That's enough for me to want to change the HG. May do a leak down test to see if it's the HG or a cracked head. Hoping for the best.

Comment

^ Good thing the rest of your car is so clean :up: My car had the same oil smell when I first got it but the smell isn't there any more. I guess I should check to see if it has any oil left! Just kidding.. though I noticed my throttle body gasket has started weeping so I probably do need to top off my coolant

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Finished off the remote primer oil circuit for the Petersen filter unit.

Used some rivnuts and Adel clamps to keep it in place

Rivnuts.... is there anything they cant do??

Also firesleeved some oil lines, they are a bit close to headers and headers are so tightly bundled they are impossible to wrap.

this is why we run a skid plate...

:)
                  88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Installed H&R Sports (cab-specific). PITA installation (my first time), but well worth it, IMO.

Comment

Tore it all apart to replace the input shaft seal and then put it back together. I also did an oil change.
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Painted the valve cover and timing covers
                        1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                        1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                        Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                        1967 2002 parts car
                        1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Finished wiring the bloody thing!

Here's the way I am dealing with passing the knock sensor loom through the firewall to the SKM.
                          Souriau autosport connector and 2.5mm carbon plate. Overkill of course.

I am just making the firewall plates etc here, the actual wiring has been done by Advanced Motorsport Electrics. Top job from them, amazing OCD.

bit blurry here sorry, workshop is a bit dark

Tucks in with the main engine harness and uses the stock knock sensors (x3)

Jason from Advanced Motorsport Electrics also delivered my steering wheel with buttons! 4x buttons into the C127 dash with another Souriau connector and a custom curly cord

Need to spend some time on the laptop now to do some configuring of dash and ECU to suit all the things.

Car is filled with liquids, should be making noise next week!

Comment

head reassembly, valve adjustment, valve cover and intake paint

Derek Stanelle
                            Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

Cleaned, cut, buffed and waxed. Installed roof rack, fixed fog light and stuck on new registration sticker. Installed steering wheel and quick release with working horn and installed black door panels.

How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Fitted the blow off valve and put in the new aluminum radiator

Comment

Working...
                                X