Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got my hands on a houndstooth interior!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by YungToast View Post
      I finally got my hands on a houndstooth interior!!
      Nice one! Looking sharp!

I rebuilt and reinstalled my charcoal vapor canister, reglued my Velcro rear window hooks, finished installing the last new vacuum hose, and removed the fuel vapor purge valve and lines to prep for replacement tomorrow.

A nice how-to (not mine) on the canister rebuild can be found here:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30097351
      Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
      Palm Beach County

Comment

I only drive the vert once a week usually and put <1000 miles on it last year, but it was due for some love.

Not today, but last weekend. Installed H&R springs, tie rods, control arms, CABs, sway bar bushings, motor mounts, oil pan gasket, and power steering reservoir. Big thanks to Mouse for his assistance with these jobs. Much easier (possible) to align the subframe with 2 people on reinstall.

^Still have some cleaning to do, but it's 90% better than before. The subframe, oil pan, and rack were all covered in oil before.

And then this weekend I replaced the radiator (slow seep from original), all the large cooling hoses, coolant crossover pipe (original was corroded and leaking), and other related parts.

Next weekend am replacing the coolant reservoir (not leaking but want it clear), intake boot, auto trans filter/fluid, trans cooler line orings, and some other parts.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

I need an e30 in my life again. :(
          ------------------------------------------------------
          1982 528e - Sold
          1987 325e - Totalled
          1990 325is - Sold
          1997 540i6 - Sold
          1991 325ic - Sold
          2013 335i - Sold
          2005 X5 - Daily
          1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Repainted my BBS Style 5 centers with Wurth silver and clear lacquer. Replaced the BMW wheel roundels, reassembled and reinstalled. Looks great!

Made three more attempts to remove my stuck O2 sensor and then took it to my local shop. They tried for a while too, gave up, and told me to leave the car with them tomorrow. Ridiculous how tight that thing is. At least it will be done tomorrow. Sometimes you need to know when to punt.
            Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
            Palm Beach County

Comment

Today like every day I drove my E30 all around town because it's my only car.

Tomorrow may install my new freshly painted valance that's sitting in the woodshop now but we'll see.. ;)

Comment

bought my kid an 85 325e. coupe, black. runs just fine. we're gonna have some fun!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Had my local shop swap the O2 sensor. (It was super stuck).

Swapped the OEM premium amp in the trunk. Still having sound issues with pops, static, etc. Next up - new head unit.
                  Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                  Palm Beach County

Comment

Replaced catback exhaust with new (free!!!) Ansa muffler, brackets and rubber hangers. One side of muffler tip was slightly bent in transit, vendor agreed to full refund without sending back. Vice grips and a cloth was all it took to bend it back. Lucked out!
                    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                    The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Added fog light deletes to the valence i painted. I fucked it up if you're pebbles beach but from 10ft it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                        Added fog light deletes to the valence i painted. I fucked it up if you're pebbles beach but from 10ft it looks good.
                        Sharp!
                        Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                        Palm Beach County

Comment

I fabricated a custom adapter harness and installed a new Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth.

After reversing the polarity on my power splices (rushing of course) I blew fuse 12. Swapping leads and a quick trip to Advance Auto Parts for a 7.5 amp fuse put me back in business.

Then I went for a long cruise with a big smile while I listened to Morph the Cat from Donald Fagen. First Time I have had tunes in this car since buying it over 18 months ago.
                          Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                          Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                            Damn that is a handsome car. Wheel specs?

Unrelated, I bought the wrong clutch for my car and now I've got to wait to sell/return it and get another one. Tried to make it work but it's not happening. This was supposed to be done by the end of August, why can't things ever go smoothly?

Comment

Attempted to change the oil..after draining old oil I couldn't get the filter off so I had to buy filter pliers..

Yesterday I also failed on the brakes and rotors replacement project... I couldn't get passed the first lug nut.....

I bought this car bc I fell in love with it and I wanted to learn to tinker with cars.. I paid to much and already putting more than I wanted to, I feel like a loser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anthead View Post
                                Attempted to change the oil..after draining old oil I couldn't get the filter off so I had to buy filter pliers..

Yesterday I also failed on the brakes and rotors replacement project... I couldn't get passed the first lug nut.....

I bought this car bc I fell in love with it and I wanted to learn to tinker with cars.. I paid to much and already putting more than I wanted to, I feel like a loser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                find some local people to help mentor you. Ask questions here, and also check out youtube, tons of information there.

We all started out as newbies. Don't feel bad, just chunk it up to growing pains. You'll get there.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X