Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changed the oil, removed the charcoal canister, and purgevalve, added a tank breather. I'm also going to remove the engine fan, and swap the M20 AFM back in place of the M30.
    sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
      changed the oil, removed the charcoal canister, and purgevalve, added a tank breather. I'm also going to remove the engine fan, and swap the M20 AFM back in place of the M30.
      What is the point of removing the charcoal canister? It doesn't hurt performance and it prevents hydrocarbons from entering the atmosphere.
      sigpic

Comment

Didn't drive it at all, rode the motorcycle to work again today.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by fcsteve View Post
          on my way to get parts for my car i was doing 125 give or take a couple mph, and my entire passenger side chrome trim blew off. i technically didnt do it, but the wind sure got my car good. i bought a new piece when i was at the yard for $1 :up: .. i bought a knee bolster and two new mirrors, and risked countless lives by driving that way, but thats beside the point.

FIXED

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
            FIXED
            pennsylvania turnpike = pretty much me driving by myself through the mountains.

lives at stake -- me.

i lie, i did pass a tractor trailer. but i dont think he would be affected even if i hit him doing 125. so you can unbunch your pantys.

Comment

Man I haven't driven the e30 in 3 days now, been driving the turbo diesel around instead
              I do have some supercharger pulleys sitting here so I can up the boost on the e30, and 2 different sets of pistons for maybe a future engine rebuild. So maybe I should
              85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I rewired my power/ground wires for the Megasquirt and put a capacitor between the power and ground feeding the ECU and LC-1. Fixed my voltage spikes and made the LC-1 actually stay on.
                My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Started taking out my spark plugs, got to the 6th one and realized I needed a different length extension. Went to schucks, bought extension, got home and promptly got packaging stuck inside of new extension. Left the car sitting in the driveway, 5 spark plugs out.

Comment

Originally posted by kellie View Post
                    What is the point of removing the charcoal canister? It doesn't hurt performance and it prevents hydrocarbons from entering the atmosphere.
                    reduces engine bay clutter, and gives a small weight savings. And clears a spot for the pwr steering resevoir
                    sigpic

88 325is

Comment

I took off the pink stickers on my roundels to make them blue again. It didn't flow well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shadowlined and blacked out the badge.

Comment

Leisurely sunday drive for me. :)

Comment

I washed it, and then de-greased the engine using simple green and a hose (no spray-nozzle, so it was very gentle). And now my idle is all fucked to hell. Goddamnit, I think it's the ICV, my idle surges all over the place, sometimes even hovering around 2K until I either blip the throttle or start rolling.

Comment

dropped it off for service

Comment

Put my adjustable FPR on and my intake.
                                1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Working...
                                X