ruby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ruby

as some of you know, last wednesday i got my 91 325i with sports package. its been a week and a day, and heres what me and my fiance (jw 325ic) have done so far.

day we got it: found out it has rebuilt engine, bent front valence, rear valence, needed emblems, various interior parts, lip etc

second day:
    painted the side markers black, replaced interior light bulbs, cleaned it up a bit, removed the front shattered fogs, red tails, resprayed the rear iS spoiler, took off front plate, and added alpine head unit

third day:
    went to junkyard; got b pillar trim, dash facia, rear console, front ashtray housing and ashtray, drivers side grill, engine bay intake panel, and new dome light all for $30

old one(new ones perfect)

fourth day:
    painted the fresh air vents to bring them back to life, fixed front valence

fifth day: got front iS lip, new emblems (actually still waiting for rear but put a decent hood one on trunk temporarily), fog blanks, and painted brake ducts black, put rear license plate frame on, smoked turns and euroised em(only on with turn signals, no parking lights) at its current state.

i know the pics arent the best, they were all taken with my chocolate. digi's usb isnt reading for some reason...still getting springs and rear plate filler. proper photoshoot to come when its not so damn cold out.

That cleaned up pretty nicely. Nice score.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

very nice, however i think the spiler would be much better black with the contast, just my opinion. Car looks great tho
      sigpic

Comment

damn, that did clean up pretty good. now just need to condition that beautiful cardinal interior and yer good to go. matching e30's is soo cute. LOL
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.sexymorningvoice View Post
          very nice, however i think the spoiler would be much better black with the contrast, just my opinion. Car looks great tho
          I might do a plate filler, but I haven't decided.--That would give it some contrast. I like the way it looks on my hubby's car, but I dunno...

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            damn, that did clean up pretty good. now just need to condition that beautiful cardinal interior and yer good to go. matching e30's is soo cute. LOL
            You like those matching E30s??? I thought it would be cute to get euro front plates that said his and hers:D

Comment

Matching Alpine E30's...very nice :)
              sigpic

Comment

Damn, the wifey is into my car but i dont think i could ever get her to buy one. I envy you!
                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

looks good
                  keep up the progress

-
                  Project
                  Parts for Sale
                  Feedback
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Very nice progress!

Just FYI...if your rear license frame covers the part that says 'TEXAS', you can get ticketed.

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                      Damn, the wifey is into my car but i dont think i could ever get her to buy one. I envy you!
                      :DYeah the hubby is pretty proud of me. I've come a long way in my E30 knowledge!!! I used to get so frustrated that he'd be outside working on his car instead of spending time with me inside... That was, of course, until I got my E30...

Comment

both cars cleaned up pretty nice! nice to have your girl interested in your car.
                        Continuous For Sale Thread
                        323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                          both cars cleaned up pretty nice! nice to have your girl interested in your car.
                          both cars? heh the verts looked like that for about a year now. ive just been doing maintenance and tune ups to it since last january except for painting my iS rear spoiler white on it. but everything in this thread has to do with the 91 325i "s". we bought it last wednesday and basically transformed it into a clean ass car. IMO its just missing springs and a rear plate filler. basketweaves look much better than a lot of the wheels ive seen, but if a good deal comes around on some nice deep dish...i wanna go for it.

but yea, the coupe is her car, the vert is mine. she went from a kia (when we first got together), to an e28 88 535i til it got hit by some woman on a cell phone. then we got her this and she loves it. drives it like she doesnt want the wind to touch it.

Comment

That car cleaned up nicely. I need to get some IS front lips for a couple of my cars. Cant believe what a difference that makes.
                            sigpic
                            1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
                            1995 E30 325e (in progress)
                            1987 E30 325is (totaled)
                            1990 E30 325i
                            1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
                            1996 E36 328ic
                            1997 Z3
                            2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

yea, my girl likes e30s, but dont think she'll ever buy her own. Nice progress man. Keep Modding.

Comment

Working...
                              X