No announcement yet.

The/My 88 M3 antfarm/rustbucket rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you really should just pull the door and fender and bumper and mold it on a cabrio frame.

Comment

you are probably past the point of needing the info but the lobes on #1 are usually pointing / \ and that gets you close to where the marks are in range to line up, a s14 is one of the few bmw motors i haven't had to do a head job on but most engines line up the same way

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
        you really should just pull the door and fender and bumper and mold it on a cabrio frame.
        i dont think so #1 i HATE VERTS/CABBIES #2 converting m3s into convertible m3s is Vlads job, not mine.

Originally posted by winfred View Post
        you are probably past the point of needing the info but the lobes on #1 are usually pointing / \ and that gets you close to where the marks are in range to line up, a s14 is one of the few bmw motors i haven't had to do a head job on but most engines line up the same way
        yeah yeah, thanks for that! i have figured it out, gonna get everything timed as soon as the new parts arrive.

ordered all the new bits, should be here in hopefully 2 weeks. too bad i wont get it running till after the picnic, oh well, theres always the rest of summer.

Comment

You may not make the picnic, but you can always aim for the Concours (usually a good showing of M3s as well) :) Keep at it!
          Chris
          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
            You may not make the picnic, but you can always aim for the Concours (usually a good showing of M3s as well) :) Keep at it!
            You mean that show with brand new stock cars w/ some DINAN "upgrades" and they think they have something special??? :razz:
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
              You mean that show with brand new stock cars w/ some DINAN "upgrades" and they think they have something special??? :razz:
              ha, there is definitely that side of it, but the 2002, e21, e30 and older large car classes are where I spend my time. Some really cool cars show up usually :)
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                ha, there is definitely that side of it, but the 2002, e21, e30 and older large car classes are where I spend my time. Some really cool cars show up usually :)
                I'm assuming the date for that will be found in Zundfolge?
                PNW Crew
                90 m3
                06 m5

Comment

I keep looking for the date, haven't seen it yet. It's done during Renton river days so July 26th is my best guess. http://rentonwa.gov/living/default.aspx?id=1138
                  Chris
                  90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

agh, just spent $1584 on parts to get the biatch running (hopefully) today......

Comment

Now just get it here. :)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                        agh, just spent $1584 on parts to get the biatch running (hopefully) today......
                        damn, I feel you on that. These car rebuilds are $$$$ :)

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                          Does that mean it'll be at the picnic? ;)
                          Chris
                          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

unfortunately no, parts havent shipped yet. they are paid for and ordered though.

Comment

ah, I read that as you were hoping to get it running today....
                              Chris
                              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

ah no, this will be post picnic, hopefully by the end of juneish

Comment

Working...
                                X