No announcement yet.

My Mtechnic2 325 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's a really nice car and what a great price :)

If you ever find a car like yours at the same price, let me know ;) I'm from Denmark, so it's not a problem hehe..

Comment

Originally posted by sl0ride View Post
      I pulled out allot of usless crap like the radiator fan, shroud and piceces of plastic that were useless. And it still runs cool as hell with no fan.

We also pulled the ABS comp, abs light and check light. Does any1 know how to disable the abs without making the check light go off on a 90 325?
      Good luck with all that *sigh*

-edit: didn't you own a jeep?
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Yes i did own a jeep why?

This week i got all my stuff in, i got the wrong dam strut tower brace thou.

I put the Hawk HP plus brakes in with the brembo brakes, broke in the pads as directed and wow do they grip hella more then stock crap with warped rotors.

I put in a 14" electric fan pull thru, it was mad tight, its sitting on the metal radiator hose secton. I wanted a push thru but the one i got isnt reversable as i thought.

Bad news, my manual rack is shot. I went to put on new tie rods thining the slack was from the inner tie rod, turns out its from the passanger side bushing being worn down. The guy i bougth it from ran it with a broken boot so the grease went bad and dirt got in there. Im contenplating either getting a rebuilt one or just throw in a power one, minus the power.

I cut my front springs a coil and a half this week since the back was sagging. It actually rides better imo, it was way to soft stock.

Ill take pics this weekend hopefully.

Comment

Ill take pics this weekend hopefully.
          I'll take some pics if we go to the 'ring this weekend. Shoot me a text/pm tomorrow night and let me know what the plan is.
          alexw
          (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
          Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

I cut my front springs a coil and a half this week since the back was sagging. It actually rides better imo, it was way to soft stock.
            :sigh:

cutting coils of of stock springs doesn't change the spring rate, so it doesn't change your ride comfort. It's also really, really fucking stupid and trashy.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              :sigh:

cutting coils of of stock springs doesn't change the spring rate, so it doesn't change your ride comfort. It's also really, really fucking stupid and trashy.
              It looked like crap with the rear saging. It does change the spring rate so yes it does change the ride comfort, makes it more harsh. It needs new springs and shocks all around anyways. would u rater have me spend more then i spent on the car for springs and shocks? im waiting till i get back from iraq this summer to dump more money in.

alex, got u

Comment

No, cutting a coil or 2 out of a spring does not change the spring rate. Spring rates are measured in lbs per inch (or kg per mm, whichever). Whether the spring has 10 coils or 1, it still take the same amount of force to compress the spring a given distance.

Spring force (F) = Spring constant (K) * Distance (x)

Notice that in the spring force formula, there is no variable for spring length.

Comment

^^ http://r3vlimited.com/board/showpost...9&postcount=26
                  cars beep boop

Comment

anyways,

I put in all new front ball joints and lolipops. I did it all myself wasnt too bad pressing everthing out. Besides putting together one side backwards and having to redo it lol. It took ~3 hours. Getting the passanger side inner ball joint nut off was a bitch, i had to drop the rack down.

It handles allot better now, once i get the new rack and throw in the rear subframe mounts and diff mount it should turn on a dime!

I took some pics, but i lost a fuckin center cap!! I didnt lock it down enuf and went out to test the new brakes and lost it.

Comment

lol coolant dripping i just noticed that... yea

Comment

Been there to take pics ;)

Car looks good, but you need a better camera bro!
                        alexw

Comment

lol coolant dripping i just noticed that... yea
                          looks familiar haha!
                          alexw

Comment

its not mine, posellis

Comment

its not mine, posellis
                              Haha, well ya need to play with the ISO settings there a bit. We'll get some better pics tomorrow.
                              alexw

Comment

you guys suck. talking about going to the ring... without me....... sad, sad days are coming for me... i miss it.

Comment

Working...
                                X