Project daily beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project daily beater

Thought id share my project with you guys.
    88 325is 5 speed
    Came with a new tranny, rebuilt d/s, and a bunch of parts in the trunk. It had broken a rocker arm , and at the same time took the head out with it.
    heres a pic
    Then i bought a new head for 200$ and replaced the valve stem seals, and had the head resurfaced.

Here we are put back together.

Heres a pic of it recently

I purchased a new grill and sides ( one was cracked), Going to be painting everything black, trim, and spoiler. As well i have two volvo lips, i plan on mounting one and having the other to change out when it falls off.

After getting the engine running started on the suspension
    AKG motorsports bushings all around

Flaming bushing ftw

I replaced the Sway bar end links with new oem parts, brake lines with ss lines, new parking brake cables.
    Heres some parts i am installing as well.

Delrin shifter bushings, new washers, new hardware, and new back bushing, new brass knuckle and z1.8 shfter with new shifter

Old seats, worn out to all hell.
    And my new Convertible seats

Day i bought it (only pictures i have of the outside as its been stuck in my garage)

Let me know what you think, hope to be making some progress over winter break.

Looks good. I just finished all of that crap on mine (minus the head work plus some other crap) and I feel your pain. It is worth it though.
    Matt

sigpic

Comment

Nice progress so far. I need to find an e30 already so I can join the fun :(

Keep us updated
      WTB: 318is/325is/325i coupe SoCAL

Comment

Lotta work right away. It's gonna be so different right away.

I like doing a big group of replacement/upgrading at the same time. That first drive, it feels like you're driving a completely different car. Great satisfaction.

I don't have patience doing one thing at a time.
        turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
          Lotta work right away. It's gonna be so different right away.

I like doing a big group of replacement/upgrading at the same time. That first drive, it feels like you're driving a completely different car. Great satisfaction.

I don't have patience doing one thing at a time.
          yay. I was just going through the car checking everything.
          The subframe bushings were shot, i could literally move my subframe 1in from front to back moving the trailing arm and diff with just my hand. Now they are rock solid.
          Also my idea is... Why i am here i know this part will need replacing, and the PO supplied alot of maintence parts.
          This winter break i should get going on it. No school to get in the way.
          Right now im working on repairing my brake system, but as one wasnt threaded properly i couldnt finish, waiting for replacement line.

Comment

how much did those seats cost???
            AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Good progress so far. It's going to drive great.

Comment

Nice...can I have your old seats?
                -Andy

Comment

Where'd them new seats come from? Recover or replacement, I debate ditching the tan in my vert, then I decide I need nod ass fried black seats

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Keep it coming Steven!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Working...
                    X