This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japandrew73's OEM Euro Restore

This thread begins where I picked up in the HCS (Headlamp Cleaning System) thread i started in the general discussion section. and begins.... NOW

I have always wondered how the hell the headlamps got washers? Where did they go? How did they do it? Well, here is the answer. All these parts are dirty and could use some SEM so don't mind the dirtyness...
    In between the lights is a little hole (in the euro grills) the nozzle snaps into place right in that hole. The nozzle is a two way squirter aimed for the center of both headlights. you can get a little tool and aim them wherever you want but they are aimed fine for now. I am hoping to have them hooked up by tomorrow and if not by tomorrow then sunday for sure.

Here is all the crap i still have to clean and hookup...

Sweet. If you can, post some pics and details of the process. I just got most of my wiper stuff the other day. I need a few more things to complete it. I would like to make a functional kit in the end.

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
      Sweet. If you can, post some pics and details of the process. I just got most of my wiper stuff the other day. I need a few more things to complete it. I would like to make a functional kit in the end.

Cheers,

Brian
      ya it is a long and painfully tedious project. I'm partially there. I just need an e-mail telling me the last thing. I have the factory install manuel. PM me if you want it.

Comment

PM Sent. :)

Comment

HCS is getting there. Just have some wiring complications to clear up. But in the meantime I got some parts I ordered a while ago. including:

New Sunroof Trim Pieces (New Crank to come soon, the black end of the handle is falling off) it looks faded in the pic but it isn't. Ordered this from "Blunt". It was great. he has the lowest OEM prices I've found out. This was the first time i've ordered from him.

Rear Plate Filler (came wrapped up factory fresh but had minor imperfections which weren't scratches but they bug the hell out of me. hopefully nature will make it blend)
          Last edited by Japandrew73; 01-15-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Ohh man.. Going to keep tabs on this thread

Comment

The sunroof crank looks weird....is it gray?

Comment

Originally posted by e30edward View Post
                The sunroof crank looks weird....is it gray?
                no its the same color as the overhead panel its just the sunlight in the pic makes it look grey and faded. ill take another pic soon

Comment

Got some more stuff in the mail today. How fun is it getting stuff in the mail? It's like feeding a drug addiction, or an e30 addiction. Anyways, I got something that some will call rare and some will call standard in Europe. Either way, it is rare because I have only seen one person with this on their car and it was that guy with the red 320i that posted in the rare parts section dogleg transmission and what not, otherwise, I don't think many people know about it. It is a drivers mirror with wide-angle feature. It sees into your blind spot which is kind of cool. And along with the wide-angle I bought another passenger mirror because in my last photoshoot, if anybody noticed, no pictures were taken of the passenger mirror, there was no mirror in it for about a week. How did this happen? Kind of a funny story actually...

When I was repainting my mirrors with SEM, my Bently told me how to remove the glass, so I removed them and put them back in when I was finished. Apparently, I didn't tighten them enough because when I was driving home from work I hear this "Click, bang, thump thump" and I look in my rear view mirror to see my passenger side flying behind me in the road. Haha so I finally got a replacement but if you notice in the pic it isn't particularly flattering. I could use my old drivers mirror. But that defeats the stock look. I gotta have a mirror that says "Object in mirror are closer than they appear". So if anybody has a mint passenger mirror glass PM me.

Here are the pics:
                  In box

Wide-Angle

New Passenger

Old Driver's for comparison

Wide-Angle

Here is the factory info about the wide-angle mirror.

Comment

Awesome news on the HCS situation. I was completely stumped, frustrated, and at a loss on them. But I have finally got it. I didn't even do anything but it occured to me to go to my car, pull the wiper stalk towards me and listen, i hear the motors squirting a working for the headlamps! The only problems are the nozzles don't spray at the right spot, (easily fixable) and water doesn't come out of the passenger nozzle because of a broken 1-way valve (on its way in the mail) and the wipers don't wipe fully. But i am %99 sure that the faulty wiper motors can be cleaned and fixed. here are the promised videos...

Passenger Side:
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Driver Side:
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's dark here so I will probably be able to deal with the Motor lubing tomorrow.

Comment

Sweet! Where did you find the mirror? Wouldn't the driver mirror on the passenger side be more accurate for a euro car? I thought the text was a US thing.

Comment

Mirrors came from ahheck09

And Its a Drivers side mirror and if my car was RHD it could be placed on the right side my simply spinning it around. But since my car is LHD and the pic with it in the manuel is LHD it stays where I look most.

I started a thread at e30zone.net to see if they had the font on the passenger side mirror.

Comment

Do you have PN for that split or wide-angle mirror?
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

What meant was why not run the passenger side like you have it in pic 4? I don't think euro cars have writing on their mirrors.

Comment

Are you going to keep the M10 in there? Any tweaks to it at all?
                              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Working...
                              X