My new project… e30 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new project… e30 vert

I got this vert very cheap from a friend who works at a car dealer. He called me last year and said that someone wants to buy a Z3 Roadster and he want to sell his convertible. I didn’t know if it is an early or late one and my friend has no idea about the e30.
    So i drove to his shop when the guy was there. First impression was – OH SHIT… what a crap! It wasn’t cleaned the last months and even polished the last years. Furthermore the interior was very dirty. The steering wheel glued to my hands because of all that dirt. We thought that we can buy it cheap. Some positive things were that it had nearly no rust, it’s an early vert, leather interior, new soft top and it has only original 134.000 km. Furthermore the owner had it the last 14 years. I said that i will buy it for 1600 euros but it was too cheap for him. We talked about it and i got it for 2600 euro but furthermore i got a new hard top with the car.
    I drove it home and i knew that the suspension has to be removed. It’s too lowered. Furthermore i didnt like the Borbet A. So first i changed to Borbet A to a set of euroweaves. Then i removed the lowering springs on the front. The hood was also replaced because it has a big dent and was also repainted arround the emblem.
    Now i’m refinishing the leather and cleaning it inside. It will be polished in some weeks. Next winter it will get a M30B35 and an Alpina front spoiler. The one i bought is for an E21 :(
    I thought it is for the E30… my fault. Also i want some 17“ Alpina replika. Thats all… perhaps some small goodies and a normal lowered suspension.

that smart is my daily driver :D

*** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

I like...If shipping wasn`t so high I would be trying to talk you out of the borbets.

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
    click here for details

Comment

I dunno, dude. Something about those Borbets makes me like them. Dirty, brake-dusty and all, they make that early vert look very tough.

Also, doesn't look that low. I'm sure you'll make something beautiful out of it, though.
      cars beep boop

Comment

the borbets are allready sold ;)

it doesnt look low but the suspension is too hard. don't want to ruine the cabrio chassis. i think there are better suspensions.
        *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Looking forward to updates! So, AC wheel or Nardi Wood? I love the wood (don't quote that)

Also, OT question. If i'm unable to locate one here, do you have any experience shipping a metal front valance like the one you have on there? The later, early model one. Thanks.
          turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
          Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

i like the woodline, too. I will keep it in the vert.

the front bumper is no problem to ship, i can part it in 3 pieces and then i can ship them for ca. 70 euros.

[/color]

Comment

You had the rear wheels on the smart car widden?

Comment

Originally posted by AC Nico View Post
                Nice choice!
                But, no sir, not the bumper. The metal valance, where the fog lights go, and bumper gow over.
                turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

the front bumper is no problem to ship, i can part it in 3 pieces and then i can ship them for ca. 70 euros.
                  He means the valence. I'd be interested in a later euro valence, too. Mine is early and my sport lip doesn't mount to it :(
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    I dunno, dude. Something about those Borbets makes me like them. Dirty, brake-dusty and all, they make that early vert look very tough.

Also, doesn't look that low. I'm sure you'll make something beautiful out of it, though.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      He means the valence. I'd be interested in a later euro valence, too. Mine is early and my sport lip doesn't mount to it :(
                      Exactly why i need one. Best combo in my opinion.
                      turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

it's too big to ship to USA. I have to sleep with the girl from the post office if i want to ship it but at the moment there is nobody working which looks good in any way.

@e30this

No those are stock rims :D

[/color]

Comment

it's too big to ship to USA. I have to sleep with the girl from the post office if i want to ship it but at the moment there is nobody working which looks good in any way.

@e30this

No those are stock rims :D
                          Oh well. Let me know if anyone good enough starts working there :)

Have you ridden in a Brabus Smart?
                          turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

yes i will let you know when the fat chicks are gone. its a pitty that mc donalds don't ship items because today i saw someone beautiful (which is something special for mc donalds) started working there.

I have never ridden a Brabus Smart but i heard that i goes like hell.

[/color]

Comment

Cool steering wheel! Love the Alpina front too, that is going to make that car beautiful! It would look better on coilovers, but what wouldn't?
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                              X