E30 335i - The new track (drift) project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

para pap pa pa i'm lovin' it
    my e30 trailer build thread http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68391

TRAILER PROJECT 85% COMPLETE
    SPORTMAXXES CAN LOOK OK

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Attached is the angle of the wheel when fully steered, but still well before you put load on it (actually sliding)
      holy crap....thats sweet!
      [PAKSIW]
      20D .........
      vmwerks :up:
      ryan gmw :up:

Comment

erick are the spacers just for use on the e36 rack?

Comment

Damn killer new project! Are you worried about the switch from a 4door to a coupe? It's almost like having to learn a new car, and with the event soo close will you have time to master the new chassis?

I LOVE YOUR WHEELS!

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
            erick are the spacers just for use on the e36 rack?
            You can use them on the E36 OR E30 rack. Erick runs an E36 rack with E30 tie rods. The tie rods are the real potential limiting factor. I heard E36 tie rods have more threading so they could be a safer bet. I'm going to use these on my E30 rack/rods then eventually upgrade to an E36 rack.

Comment

I believe I have an e36 tie rod tossed around somewhere from the rack I got, I can take a look to see if it's any better. I chose the e30 ones because I've had brand new Lemfoerder tie rods chilling for a while.

I honestly don't remember any difference in threading for the e36 ones, but they didn't look anything special.

- Erick
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bey View Post
                Damn killer new project! Are you worried about the switch from a 4door to a coupe? It's almost like having to learn a new car, and with the event soo close will you have time to master the new chassis?

I LOVE YOUR WHEELS!
                Not really worried much, more excited than worried. It'll probably take me a while to get really used to it... it's a different suspension setup, steering setup, power delivery, etc etc.

I'm most definately not expecting to be crazy awesome on my first run, but I'll know for sure what needs to be changed or set up in order for it to work with me. :)
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

i'm using the e36 tie rods. they are shaped differently, but i doubt you'd get more angle.. infact, i still don't understand geometrically how that spacer works

you space the inner one out, you have to thread the outer one in
                  No more e30s for me.
                  88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                  88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                  91 BMW 325i [sold]
                  86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
                    i'm using the e36 tie rods. they are shaped differently, but i doubt you'd get more angle.. infact, i still don't understand geometrically how that spacer works

you space the inner one out, you have to thread the outer one in
                    If you were to put the spacer between the inner and the outer, then yes.

Now, I agree with you in the sense that I've tried to explain how its different from the rack, and the only explanation I came up with as to why it's different spacing from the rack itself confuses the hell out of even me :p

So no official answer until I can find an easier way to explain it lol

By the way Luis.... we already did S52 vs turbo M20. Now it's S52 vs M30. It's your turn for an engine swap now so we can try something even newer. :p Go M60!!! :D

Feedback Thread

Comment

DAMN ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

So I switched up the CTS, got the car running good and went to go get the car insured/tagged/etc. Called Geico, switched the policies from the turbo car to the 335i (both cars are "automatics"), so no changes there... sweet!

I then proceed to get my tags switched got massively denied at the emissions test. Those guys said the car had to stay there and that there's no way I can drive that car until I get a cat and a muffler installed.

Anybody have a truck and trailer? :p

Feedback Thread

Comment

if your car fails emissions it can't leave? thats really dumb!

Comment

I didn't think there even was any emissions testing 'round these here parts.
                          S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                          What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

yea whats the deal emmissions stops somewhere around the mason dixon...

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              Those guys said the car had to stay there and that there's no way I can drive that car until I get a cat and a muffler installed.
                              Better go sleep in it so none of your parts go missing.

Comment

Meh, I expected more gullible people to see how good this would turn out.

In reality I only paid $7 and got the car tagged/registered/ready.

Emissions? Pfft.... this is FL :p

Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X