Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring Alpina front Valance on my early model 87 325is

Aloha friends,

Hope ya'll staying safe during these times. Since I have had more time at home I decided to put some work on my Alpina valance that got chewed up ridin' low in the streets of San diego, here is a pic of it on my car. It was wrapped in Black gloss vinyl. I have some progress pic of the build under member rides in the project section if y'all want to check it out.
    Last edited by MiddAir; 05-04-2020, 03:21 PM.

here is the valance with the wrap off and the damage that was done

Comment

I had to build up the areas that were worn down by adding fiberglass and fiberglass reinforced filler, to build strength I recommend doing it in layers. After that was done I hit it with some primer. I will be posting a how to when I am done with the final coat on my youtube channel, I will keep you posted. If you have any questions feel free to reply I will try to answer all questions. You can also follow me on Instagram @robintabana and @midd.air. I will follow you back!

Comment

Originally posted by MiddAir View Post
        I had to build up the areas that were worn down by adding fiberglass and fiberglass reinforced filler, to build strength I recommend doing it in layers. After that was done I hit it with some primer. I will be posting a how to when I am done with the final coat on my youtube channel, I will keep you posted. If you have any questions feel free to reply I will try to answer all questions. You can also follow me on Instagram @robintabana and @midd.air. I will follow you back!
        Looking good
        85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post

Looking good
          Thanks playa playa !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E46B140-CA7B-4A55-A22B-1655A108DE1B.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	9927807
            Got the decals on 🙌🏻

Comment

Name:	24018CD5-5621-4046-931F-AED38E88A98A.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	9927811 Getting ready to put on

Comment

Name:	A2F4A60E-68B2-41A8-B31E-129CC2466560.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	9927813 Got the Baddie on

Comment

Name:	0AB02C16-D0A7-42D5-848D-1E493C6E5236.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	9927815 All complete w/ the euro bumper 🏆 Took my time with the install. Breaks here n’ there to eat, and hang out with my kiddo. Total work time was appx 2.5 hours. Took some time to shadow out the front turn signals, and repolish the chrome, been posting up to date pics on my instagram @midd.air profile, shoot me a follow and I’ll follow back my fellow e30 enthusiast ✊🏼

Comment

Working...
                  X