Lower front lip refresh - not so much on purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower front lip refresh - not so much on purpose

Driving down the road I feel something under my tires. Not seeing anything earlier, decided to quick check the rear view mirror. And it's my front lower lip that just fell off and I drove over it in the road behind me. Of course I'm in traffic on a corner where I had to keep diving about 150 feet until there was a pull out. With an officer parked right there to watch the whole fiasco. I park and run back up to where my car part was in the road, with about 3-4 cars that went around it and thankfully decided not to run it over for fun as I'm sprinting back to pick it up.
    So here's the fix it job. Thanks to duplicolor at first, nice product but wrong shade, and to Harpy paints for making this nice aerosol can in Salmon Silver 203 and a fine clear coat that needed nothing to look pretty darn great I thought. Did have one near disaster ( run the clear coat for more than 2 seconds before starting to spray!! arghh) but I had enough base color left I was able to recover. It first I had just super-glued it back together, but then properly sanded/ cleaned and epoxied it before priming

Click image for larger version  Name:	close up valance  copy 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.8 KB ID:	9937810 Click image for larger version  Name:	image (4) copy 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	9937811 Click image for larger version  Name:	image (4) copy 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.3 KB ID:	9937812 Click image for larger version  Name:	image (4) copy 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	9937813 Click image for larger version  Name:	image (4) copy 8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	9937814
    Last edited by gr8skyr; 07-10-2020, 04:38 PM.
    "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Nice result. Those stupid clips on the lip are so fragile...thankfully you were able to grab the old part before someone destroyed it.

MJ

Comment

Working...
    X