419 out of 2,000,000
Collapse
X
-
We build aluminum extrusion dies. A lot of our work goes in to large architectural structures like the Petronas towers, WTC and new Freedom tower, etc. and just about every airport, stadium and skyscraper built or remodeled in the last 20 years. We also build all of the dies for Kohler shower doors and many other high end window and door manufacturers. Last year we kept busy with work for Donald Trump's newest building and some pro sports stadiums. It's an awesome feeling of pride to go to a city that you have never been to before and see the finished product that came from your own blood, sweat and tears.Leave a comment:
-
what kind of service are we talking about anyways? Automotive? Things have picked up at my cousin's shop quite a bit. People are now having to spend money to maintain and/or repair their cars as opposed to just trading them in...Leave a comment:
-
That will happen one day as well. Right now, there is only one way out from under the shoe of Uncle Sam and that is to make profit, which we are now doing very well. It could be happening even sooner than expected because we are now being looked at for purchase by a company from the Netherlands. We're small, but in our industry, we're the most technologically advanced and have the highest quality in the world.Leave a comment:
-
-
I wish it was that simple, but my situation is very complicated. My family runs a small tool and die shop and we're in the process of restructuring and turning it around. We all had to move in together and live off of savings because we couldn't get paid for a few years. Also, it's critical for us to be here because steel, heat treating, grinding services are plentiful and all have free delivery in less than 24 hours. Our competitors in other parts of the nation have to pay through the nose for that stuff. I'm looking to move to the Tenn/NC area in the next 4-5 years after we finally get things turned around. I just want to live somewhere that has a younger group of people. I can count on one hand the average number of people I see everyday between the ages of 18-35.Leave a comment:
-
move somewhere else??I'd like to welcome the rest of the country to my world. I have lived in Youngstown, OH all of my life. We have the worst economy in the country (actual fact). I'm almost 27 and I still haven't lived in a period of economic growth. All that I have ever seen are dwindling jobs and population numbers.Leave a comment:
-
I'd like to welcome the rest of the country to my world. I have lived in Youngstown, OH all of my life. We have the worst economy in the country (actual fact). I'm almost 27 and I still haven't lived in a period of economic growth. All that I have ever seen are dwindling jobs and population numbers.Leave a comment:
-
419 out of 2,000,000
In an area (north central and central Illinois) that services over two million people, we had 419 jobs.
This is in comparison to our one shop, in one town, which on a normal day would be getting 60-80 jobs. That's not in addition to the two other contractors AND in-house employees.
Yay economy!Tags: None

Leave a comment: