Anyone here play with phpBB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here play with phpBB?

I have a ridiculous amount of server "space" that really should be put to some good use.

I'm not about to spend any money or real time with it but I am considering hosting a forum.

I played a little with earlier versions of phpBB in the past so I'm not totally in the dark.

Any things you kids think I should know, any better options?
    I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

get AEF, it's in php format and incredibly easy to use. Also looks great.

What's this forum going to be about?

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
      get AEF, it's in php format and incredibly easy to use. Also looks great.

What's this forum going to be about?
      Forum about?

Who knows I'm just rolling it around at the moment trying to come up with justifications for having all this bandwidth just sitting there.
      I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

yeah, heres what i know about phpBB....

drop it and run with vBulletin or IPB.

:P
        1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
        1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
        I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Anything simpler out there? Something ASP.Net?

Comment

Made it work, now my head just hurts.

Steep learning curve here, I have almost no clue as to what all this shit is.

Farbin, how bored are you?

Comment

phpBB is kinda... old. And lacking features.

vBulletin is not free, unfortunately. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...forum_software
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                phpBB is kinda... old. And lacking features.

vBulletin is not free, unfortunately. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...forum_software
                True.

You're here 300 hours a day, how bored are you?

Comment

The new version of phpbb is fantastic.
                  tasty

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                    True.

You're here 300 hours a day, how bored are you?
                    While I am bored of the stuff I've been losing sleep doing, if I don't do it I'm racking up student loans for no reason. The lurnin's is hard :(
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                      The new version of phpbb is fantastic.
                      Hence the steep learning curve I'll guess. It looks good and seems as though it functions well but I really don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Just trying to edit the footer is giving me brain damage, makes no sense to me.

Comment

i used to run a phpBB board when i was trying to run a local denver car forum. it was good times.
                        1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                        1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                        I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                          Hence the steep learning curve I'll guess. It looks good and seems as though it functions well but I really don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Just trying to edit the footer is giving me brain damage, makes no sense to me.
                          Where is it and what is it about?

Comment

I have f1x3d.com running on phpbb3. Be sure to read all of the documentation on the templates, just edit overall_header.php and overall_footer.php to get you going. Most of the design will be in the CSS file.
                            tasty

Comment

I've figured some of it out (lot of reading still to be done).

I won't be posting links to it here, I doubt that would be a cool thing to do (and it's just play time anyway).

Comment

Working...
                              X