Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting pollution - Polish style!

I'm pissed!

This whole European pull towards ecology is really driving me nuts! Or rather our (Polish) govs approach to it. Here is the deal:

Every now and then new anti-pollution laws appear forcing new cars', coal-heaters' and other smoke producing devices' producers to ensure that their products meet new strict pollution requirements. Which itself is ok.

Since the law can't work backwards, this doesn't apply to older machines. So French, German, British (i think) and possibly some other govs encourage people to switch to newer techlology with bonuses. For example in Germany, if you salvage your old car and buy a new one (factory new that is), you get 2000EURO for your old car no matter what year, displacement, fuel-type, colour or condition it was. Simple. That way people who can't afford new cars get a bonus which makes buying a small but new car much less of a financial effort. As a side (main?) effect of that, a market for newer technologies gets an additional kick forward, which is important especially these days.

Here is what our gov came up with. If you drive an old car, or buy a used car (x years old at least - not sure what age), use a coal powered house heater, or any other device that doesn't match CURRENT anti-pollution laws - you get a bonus of a different type - a new TAX to pay.

So if you live in Poland, and you're not particulary well paid, not only you still won't be able to buy new machines, but your monthly expenses will increase for that same reason! Where as people who can afford new cars etc. anyways get a bonus of NOT having to pay that "pollution tax".

This is a true outrage. I'm speechless. That tax idea is still under the dabate, and hopefully will not see the daylight, but I'm sceptical. The EU wants us to join the "anti-pollution" sort of assosiation, and our gov will get there the only way it knows - tax tax tax.

Keep in mind that our ruling party won last elections with slogans like "We believe in miracles" and "The most important thing is love". Sheesh.

Originally posted by thornado327i View Post
    Keep in mind that our ruling party won last elections with slogans like "We believe in miracles" and "The most important thing is love". Sheesh.
    Those slogans sound.....hippie
    -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
      Those slogans sound.....hippie
      They sounds an awful lot like "Hope" and "Change."
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

obama is president of Poland as well?!?! Man that guy must be busy.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła,
          Kiedy my żyjemy.
          Co nam obca przemoc wzięła,
          Szablą odbierzemy.

Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
          Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski.
          Za twoim przewodem
          Złączym się z narodem.

Przejdziem Wisłę, przejdziem Wartę,
          Będziem Polakami.
          Dał nam przykład Bonaparte,
          Jak zwyciężać mamy.

Marsz, marsz...

Jak Czarniecki do Poznania
          Po szwedzkim zaborze,
          Dla ojczyzny ratowania
          WrĂłcim się przez morze.

Marsz, marsz...

Już tam ojciec do swej Basi
          MĂłwi zapłakany
          Słuchaj jeno, pono nasi
          Biją w tarabany.

Marsz, marsz...

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
              obama is president of Poland as well?!?!

:shock:

Comment

In our system (in a galaxy far far away) the priminister has more power as a leader of the gov.

Here is our:

And now the best part - he has some pronounciacion issues (no "R") and his first name is Donald ;)

Comment

that sounds like a very stupid plan. i hope it doesnt pass.
                  http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

"DIY Submarine Screendoor Kit"

Comment

Canada is also working on a project to give $3k for your old beater when you buy a new car. The previous version of that same project involved giving only $300 for your junker... It didn't work very well.
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Canada is also working on a project to give $3k for your old beater when you buy a new car.
                        Every normal thinking government is working on something like that. Ours is working backward...

We had a joke made up after current ruling party won last elections (a year ago). After they said "we believe in miracles", the first one that happened was that people believed them...

Comment

welcome to american. now you know how we feel. doesnt like suck

Comment

Makes perfect sense.

On another planet.

Comment

Polak, Węgier, dwa bratanki, i do szabli, i do szklanki,
                              and we both pay nonsense taxes to our corrupt governments...
                              Back in Hungary I wouldn't be able to maintain my car...

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                              2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                              X