Fighting pollution - Polish style!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polak, Węgier, dwa bratanki, i do szabli, i do szklanki,
    Heh - we do share some interesting history episodes ;)
    we both pay nonsense taxes to our corrupt governments...
    Every single government in the wolrd is corrupt. Trouble starts, when that corruption prevents the whole country from working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by thornado327i View Post
      And now the best part - he has some pronounciacion issues (no "R") and his first name is Donald ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        Canada is also working on a project to give $3k for your old beater when you buy a new car. The previous version of that same project involved giving only $300 for your junker... It didn't work very well.
        BUT..... you can only buy a bus pass or or bike with it.... isn't that great?

RACE | RAT | RETRO | RADICAL | EURO

Comment

These types of "feel good" laws always hurt everybody. There have been several different versions of the "beater" laws that have been tried here. All have failed so far, but rest assured, our intrepid Speaker Pelosi is working on it yet again.

Where do people think that money comes from in the first place?? It's all tax money. If everybody took advantage the program, well, then it's break even for everybody. But if only a portion takes advantage, or is allowed to take advantage, then somebody is left footing the bill.

It's a crackpot idea, a shell game, a ponzi scheme. Well maintained beaters will pollute less than non-maintained newer cars anyway, so there is no real justification for this.
          1987 E30 325is
          1999 E46 323i
          RIP 1994 E32 740iL
          oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by Paukert11 View Post
            welcome to american. now you know how we feel. doesnt like suck
            Shut up you uneducated moron. The US still has relatively low tax rates, especially compared to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
              Shut up you uneducated moron. The US still has relatively low tax rates, especially compared to Europe.

Not for long, those trillions are going to have to be paid back sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
                Well maintained beaters will pollute less than non-maintained newer cars anyway, so there is no real justification for this.
                That could be it - a tax refund if your beater is well maintained. ;)

Seriously now - car issues are just a part of it. People in small towns and villages who use coal to heat - they are going to get their asses whooped!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
                  Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła,
                  Kiedy my żyjemy.
                  Co nam obca przemoc wzięła,
                  Szablą odbierzemy.

Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
                  Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski.
                  Za twoim przewodem
                  Złączym się z narodem.

Przejdziem Wisłę, przejdziem Wartę,
                  Będziem Polakami.
                  Dał nam przykład Bonaparte,
                  Jak zwyciężać mamy.

Marsz, marsz...

Jak Czarniecki do Poznania
                  Po szwedzkim zaborze,
                  Dla ojczyzny ratowania
                  Wrócim się przez morze.

Marsz, marsz...

Już tam ojciec do swej Basi
                  Mówi zapłakany
                  Słuchaj jeno, pono nasi
                  Biją w tarabany.

Marsz, marsz...
                  to prawda, oby Polska zostala jak jest.
                  Wszystko idze w gore i na to wyglonda ze ten "tax" nikomu nie pomorze
                  przepraszam za slaby Polski :)

e24 e9 e30
                  IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

I'm pissed!

This whole European pull towards ecology is really driving me nuts! Or rather our (Polish) govs approach to it. Here is the deal:

Every now and then new anti-pollution laws appear forcing new cars', coal-heaters' and other smoke producing devices' producers to ensure that their products meet new strict pollution requirements. Which itself is ok.

Since the law can't work backwards, this doesn't apply to older machines. So French, German, British (i think) and possibly some other govs encourage people to switch to newer techlology with bonuses. For example in Germany, if you salvage your old car and buy a new one (factory new that is), you get 2000EURO for your old car no matter what year, displacement, fuel-type, colour or condition it was. Simple. That way people who can't afford new cars get a bonus which makes buying a small but new car much less of a financial effort. As a side (main?) effect of that, a market for newer technologies gets an additional kick forward, which is important especially these days.

Here is what our gov came up with. If you drive an old car, or buy a used car (x years old at least - not sure what age), use a coal powered house heater, or any other device that doesn't match CURRENT anti-pollution laws - you get a bonus of a different type - a new TAX to pay.

So if you live in Poland, and you're not particulary well paid, not only you still won't be able to buy new machines, but your monthly expenses will increase for that same reason! Where as people who can afford new cars etc. anyways get a bonus of NOT having to pay that "pollution tax".

This is a true outrage. I'm speechless. That tax idea is still under the dabate, and hopefully will not see the daylight, but I'm sceptical. The EU wants us to join the "anti-pollution" sort of assosiation, and our gov will get there the only way it knows - tax tax tax.

Keep in mind that our ruling party won last elections with slogans like "We believe in miracles" and "The most important thing is love". Sheesh.
                    Same Bullshit, different country.

Sadly, only a slim majority need to be bamboozled by the BS to get these charlatans elected and there's a lot of ignorant, intellectually lazy people out there.

Promise people free shit or "Hope" "Miracles" "Change" or some other crap that sounds good without any meaning and people will be lined up to vote for it.

"Believe in miracles" sounds like a marketing campaign for a shitty minor league baseball team.
                    sigpic
                    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                      We have the 2nd highest corporate tax rate in the world and 0bama wants to raise it even more.

That's a sure way to create jobs!
                      sigpic
                      1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                      Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                      Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by teh_activ View Post
                        to prawda, oby Polska zostala jak jest.
                        Wszystko idze w gore i na to wyglonda ze ten "tax" nikomu nie pomorze
                        przepraszam za slaby Polski :)
                        Za co przepraszasz? Twój polski jest w porządku. Zawsze się cieszę kiedy spotykam ludzi, którzy mimo że są "za wielką wodą" nie zapominają języka.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                          We have the 2nd highest corporate tax rate in the world and 0bama wants to raise it even more.

Corporate taxes are high because there are also many tax shelters. If you own a company and think your corporate taxes are too high, then change your accountant firm. Lowering corporate taxes will not create jobs, just put more money in the owners' pockets. What matters is how much taxes workers pay. And in the US, workers don't pay much taxes.
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post

In here all companies look to cutting on expenses. I would very much like to find a better job (i'm presently an account manager - that sucks), and so what? Master's degree, 3 foreign languages, 7 years of work experience, and everywhere I apply, I hear that 7000 PLN per month (2200 USD) is too much. Out of which 35% are taxes. An average pay in this country is app. 1100 USD btw.

Comment

Za co przepraszasz? Twój polski jest w porządku. Zawsze się cieszę kiedy spotykam ludzi, którzy mimo że są "za wielką wodą" nie zapominają języka.
                              :) ja sie w stanach urodzilem ale moji rodzice mnie jezyka nauczyli. do polski latam co roku i bardzo lube.
                              Polska Sila na zawsze

e24 e9 e30
                              IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Originally posted by teh_activ View Post
                                :) ja sie w stanach urodzilem ale moji rodzice mnie jezyka nauczyli. do polski latam co roku i bardzo lube.
                                Polska Sila na zawsze
                                To rzuć PM jak sie bedziesz wybieral.

BTW - to tak jak moj brat - on tez sie urodzil w Stanach i mieszka tam z mamą.

Comment

Working...
                                X