Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If cash for clunkers wasn't bullshit enough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, what an interesting topic.

I live here in Germany where they are doing this crap.-- its got a few hick-ups.-- first, if you are driving a crapbox in Germany that ius worth less than the $3,000 they are giving you for it-- you probably DO NOT have the money for a car payment.--- not everyone but alot.
    2nd-- you need to have had the car you are "turning in" registered and insured for atleast one year--- so your idea of flipping junkers isnt going to work.
    3rd-- I work at a BMW deal- VW polo/fox "the smallest crapboxes-- have a 6 month waiting period now-- so If you want to buy a "nice" luxury car-- you probably arent riding around in a car worth less that 3000/5000 dollars.

and yes, there are tons of crappy Italian/french crapboxes being sold like crazy( my nephew just bought a FIAT) last week-- from the money he recieved from his totalled out e36.

ohh, and BTW-- the euro Fords are just as big of shitboxes as the u.s. ones--(the grass is always greener on the otherside of the fence)

and no, car prices didnt raise-- you can pick up tiny econo boxes new here for about 7000 dollars-- but I would rather drive my 500 dollar e36-- really!

and the real"gains" are seen by the salesmen/dealership owners-- not so much the manufacturer.-- so the german news says.

Comment

Working...
    X