Angola, it's not like they said.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angola, it's not like they said.

This trip was going to be different. I for one, have never updated my will before any other trip. And I wasn't alone. Out of the five of us that were...

This is an incredible trip of 5 friends from South Africa, riding throuh Angola on their dual-sport bikes. Injuries and mechanical failures plague their trip and it becomes a struggle to survive. The author does a really good job presenting the story and the photos are specacular.

This is worth a re-read if you have seen it before. I read it sometime last summer but just read it again today. I'm not sure what forum I saw this on, but I searched and it's not here.

Enjoy.
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Repost - but awesome
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
      Repost - but awesome
      qft on both accounts

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
        Repost - but awesome
        Ah, I see... True indeed though, worth re-reading. i searched for "Angola" and found nothing, so I thought it was safe to post.
        Instagram
        sigpic
        Current: 99 M3
        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

haha, yeah. I read that whole thread when it was posted last time.

Comment

fuckn ADV FTW, there just as progressive as we are with a turbo s14, m10 ect.. amazing place.

Comment

I just spent the last hour or so reading that trip report, and I have to say those are some real DUDES.

The level of punishment they took would have had me contemplating eating a bullet, and they took it all and still managed to have a great time and stay positive.

A+, and well written no less.
              The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

Good men meeting great peoples in a very harsh adventure. Thanks for sharing this link. It was an enlightement.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Wow, great read
                  -Andy

Comment

Read that back when it was posted the first time. Awesome stuff. I'd love to take a trip like that. I'd rather do it through Europe though.

Comment

wow never seen that, was very worth the read.

would read again!
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Wow... just wow. Epic read.

The guy doing the writing has an helluva natural talent for it. He really conveys what it must have been like but does it with concise elegance. The period where they were hemmed up along the coast and the dunes was genuinely scary. Following that with the time spent making friends with former enemy soldiers in Lubango... I got choked up.

Just awesome.
                        - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

he is a warrior poet ... AMAZING!
                          sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
                          "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

I had never seen that either. Thanks for the repost. Amazing story! Makes my life look pretty boring! haha
                            $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

they sure do like those chicks.

Comment

Working...
                              X