BMW-Powered race car runs on chocolate and veggie oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW-Powered race car runs on chocolate and veggie oil

You read it right. Pretty damn impressive, and a good read.

Auto racing is going green as top teams and upstarts embrace a range of tech, from biodiesel to hybrids and even electric drivetrains. A British team is doing them one better, using recycled and natural materials in a Formula 3 car fueled by vegetable oil and waste chocolate. The WorldFirst Racing car features slick bodywork […]

M10?

Comment

Stupid hippies are now ruining Racing.

When I go to a race I want to Hear/Feel/Smell raw horsepower and burnt petrol products weahter that be Race gas, Diesel, or Nitro. Hell even Alcohol powered is great, I want to hear roaring, scramming engines, blowers and turbos squawking for mercy tires at the limits of grip I want to smell hot brakes tires and clutches. Weather its 600cid of big block chevy or 2.8l @18k rpm I dont care its all great to me.

I want to feel the shit as it thunders by. Ala World of Outlaws Sprint Cars (not Sprint Cup NASCAR) series style my favorite roundy roundy guys these boys are on dirt.

I do NOT want to smell fryer grease, Chocolate, soy bean, wheat germ, tofu, or any other extract you may be able to get to burn in a Internal Combustion Engine, I can get that at the choke an puke stand, I dont want to hear the light hum of electric motors and the whirr regenerative breaking either thats just not motor sport.

Yes I am the guy at the tractor pull, drag race, Le Mans, Saturday night special track standing by the fence with no ear plugs grinning ear to ear just enjoying the moment of pure mechanical perfection that is motor sport.

Disclaimer: I fucking cant stand NASCAR
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

or m40? haha.. that thing is a begining of a future i would love to see. fuck electric cars ahha

Comment

I run on chocolate and monster m80s

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

When I go to a race I want to Hear/Feel/Smell raw horsepower and burnt petrol products weahter that be Race gas, Diesel, or Nitro.

I do NOT want to smell fryer grease, Chocolate, soy bean, wheat germ, tofu, or any other extract you may be able to get to burn in a Internal Combustion Engine, I can get that at the choke an puke stand, I dont want to hear the light hum of electric motors and the whirr regenerative breaking either thats just not motor sport.
            Wow. :roll:

Seriously, calm down Mr. Jim-Bob American. It was just a project.

I posted it because it was cool that they used a BMW engine.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know I know, its cool in its own little way but dammit it goes against everything. Thanks for pigeon holing me too I hate NASCAR I am more of an F1, Le Mans, WRC, Grand AM road racing kinda guy. Not quite Jim-bob American style American racing. And for the record I am not a fan of the FIA rule changes for hybrid tech in F1 this year at all.
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

When I go to a race I want to Hear/Feel/Smell raw horsepower and burnt petrol products weahter that be Race gas, Diesel, or Nitro. Hell even Alcohol powered is great, I want to hear roaring, scramming engines, blowers and turbos squawking for mercy tires at the limits of grip I want to smell hot brakes tires and clutches. Weather its 600cid of big block chevy or 2.8l @18k rpm I dont care its all great to me.

I want to feel the shit as it thunders by. Ala World of Outlaws Sprint Cars (not Sprint Cup NASCAR) series style my favorite roundy roundy guys these boys are on dirt.

Yes I am the guy at the tractor pull, drag race, Le Mans, Saturday night special track standing by the fence with no ear plugs grinning ear to ear just enjoying the moment of pure mechanical perfection that is motor sport.

Disclaimer: I fucking cant stand NASCAR
                As you started describing the sensations Sprint Cars were the first thing that came to mind.:D

Comment

LOL!!! I was waiting for someone to chime in about hippies....

Last night I was going to say:

"Why aren't these hippies being tasered?"

But I didn't want to soil this thread so quickly.
                  Instagram
                  sigpic
                  Current: 99 M3
                  Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Yeah fuck that idea, its too different than what I'm used to.

Comment

I thought it was very impressive, not just that the car runs on biofuels, but also that half of the car is constructed from recycled or organic materials.

Comment

I just think it's badass that a BMW engine + chocolate = power.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                        No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                          LOL!!! I was waiting for someone to chime in about hippies....

Last night I was going to say:

"Why aren't these hippies being tasered?"

But I didn't want to soil this thread so quickly.

I have no such qualms about doing so

LOL at tasered hippies

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                          X