• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much bling? Give us a ring.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

I agree with that that. (bring on the haters) I knew a handful of kids in high school and in university that lived well above where they should due to drug sales and other illicit acts... and it bothered me that aside from the eventual tax issue (which from what i can tell really isn't monitored at all) they'd never get caught.
    Greg

Comment

invasion of privacy.

fuck them.
      sigpic

Comment

Seems like it could work, but anytime a citizen is encouraged to report the "suspicious activities" of others, I just picture a boot on a human face forever.
        The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

paranoid and jealous types are going to love this one.

Comment

Nothing wrong with selling weed.... Not my cup of tea to go through that kind of hassle for some dough but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by learningcurve86 View Post
              I agree with that that. (bring on the haters) I knew a handful of kids in high school and in university that lived well above where they should due to drug sales and other illicit acts... and it bothered me that aside from the eventual tax issue (which from what i can tell really isn't monitored at all) they'd never get caught.
              Learn to make a buck yourself instead of being so concerned with what everyone else is doing.

If this whole fucking country would just focus a little more on themselves, they wouldn't be so worried about everyone else.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

alot of kids with cool stuff from daddies money are gonna get hassled because of this.

Comment

I got no problem with this. If you are stupid enough to drive around looking like King Shit, you deserve all the attention-good or bad.

Maybe that town will get a better class of crooks out of it..... :-p

Comment

I've got mixed feelings about that kind of thing. Yeah, you see some guy who is obviously getting rich with no discernible income source, you have a tendency to make the correct observation that they are dirty... but you could be wrong. Maybe it's just some old money guy with really bad taste in clothes and accessories.

In some cases, you know what they are doing because they don't hide it. In those cases, when people know somebody is dirty, it's a good thing. I would argue that it's your responsibility to try and let the police know about what you see.

But you can also see things like this leading to new laws that say if you don't report somebody, you're culpable too thereby forcing people to snitch on their neighbors even when they are not sure something wrong is happening. That's how Sadam stayed in power all those years. Letting things go down this route is a sure path to a dictatorship or total government control. Both very bad.
                    1987 E30 325is
                    1999 E46 323i
                    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Nazi Germany anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                        Nazi Germany anyone?
                        Nah. It is against the law to get rich selling illegal things. It is also illegal to evade taxation. It's just plain stupid to brag about it then act surprised you got fingered.

The Nazis thought being of a different perceived ethnicity made you "illegal". People aren't being singled out in this instance because of their ideologies! A citizen has a certain responsibility to his or her community to report illegal activity of which they may become aware. To do otherwise gives tacit consent.

Comment

Good idea, in theory.

But in practice...

Comment

Nazis pointed out Jews because of differences in ideology and ethnicity. McCarthism did the same in the US pointing out differences in ideology. This UK policy is different. It's just about pointing at wrong doer. Reasonable in theory. I don't know to what type of excess it can lead though...
                            Last edited by Massive Lee; 05-21-2009, 11:05 AM.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Any Police Department worth a shit should already know, "who's who" when it comes to this shit anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X