X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palm Pre

Not as awesome as I thought it would be :(
    sigpic

Did you get one? I wanted one but I would have to change my plan, and there is no way I will be paying double to triple for the same features each month just to get the pre. Hopefully Sprint doesn't limit all their new phones to their Everything plans...

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
    '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
    '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
    '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Yea went there about an hour after they opened and got one. Had to change my plan too even though I have unlimited everything except for GPS. I only agreed cause I was late for something and I figured I will return it if customer service doesn't help me with my new bill amount. BTW GPS on thay thing does not work I tried every 15 minutes on an hour and a half drive yet the in car and the megellan both worked perfect. Give me my Pro back, ill even take a centro or my old 700 back at this rate. But the screen is so beautiful its almost worth keeping just for that
      sigpic

Comment

Why the hell do you have to add GPS to your plan? Isn't GPS a free service (other than buying a GPS device)?
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Saw it, liked it, heard I had to totally upgrade my plan and forgot about it.

Comment

Had a customer come in yesterday with one of those, asking why her E70 X5 didnt recognize/work with her Bluetooth....

I was like, well didnt this phone come out a couple days ago? She said "she didnt care when it came out, only that it should work!"

Crraaaaazzzzyyyy people

Comment

I'm not sure if I will wait for the HTC Lancaster to come out or get the Pre.
              My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

How could there even be a debate in your mind between a Palm or an Android phone? Get the Lancaster for sure....

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers that if/when an android phone comes to Sprint we won't have to change our plans to Everything plans. (Even when we have everything already).

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                  '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                  '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                  '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Does Sprint not have sim cards or something? I know when I get a smartphone with AT&T I can just put my SIM in it and they won't know otherwise (I will be getting a G1).

Comment

well I got a pre I still trying to get use to it ......

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                      I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                      "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Originally posted by franco90 View Post
                        well I got a pre I still trying to get use to it ......
                        Make sure you have the newest firmware if they didn't already update it for you. Should be at 1.0.4 cause it really helps with the battery life.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have had two HTCs and I will NEVER buy another one again. I have the HTC touch (Original windows mobile 6.1) right now and its FUCKED up beyond all belief! I can't believe how bad this phone is, but I still have another year on my contract before I can get a new phone at a decent price.

This is disapointing about the Pre though. I was really looking forward to it too.

-------------------------------------------------------
                          DAMN YOU SPRINT!!!

Comment

i work for sprint...i didnt think you had to change your plan unless you didnt have any kind of data..to my knowlede you do not have to be on a everything data plan. The bluetooth on the pre is weird i couldnt get it to work?? and the 1 thing i can tell you about the battery is if our demo dies it takes about 2 days for us to get it charged and back running i dont know why, but if we charge it before it dies its fine and will charge right up..

Comment

Originally posted by ikkitousen View Post
                              I have had two HTCs and I will NEVER buy another one again. I have the HTC touch (Original windows mobile 6.1) right now and its FUCKED up beyond all belief! I can't believe how bad this phone is, but I still have another year on my contract before I can get a new phone at a decent price.

This is disapointing about the Pre though. I was really looking forward to it too.

I wouldnt buy an htc either..i hate them and have had many people bring them back because they dont like them.

-------------------------------------------------------
                              DAMN YOU SPRINT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X