09 Tour de France?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 Tour de France?

interesting so far, would have a great big laugh if Lance won this year. He's doing well so far.

Who's been paying attention?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

I've been watching every stage, def interesting so far, I can't believe that Contador attacked on his own, not following team plans. There still a lot of stages left and I can't tell whether Astana is going to try to put Lance in the yellow or not.
    1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Astana is going for the Yellow jersey either way.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        Astana is going for the Yellow jersey either way.
        Oh no doubt about that, it's just a question of who they want to put into it. It was nice to see Lance is still in awesome shape and could keep up no problem on the climbs, but like I said still not even halfway yet thru the tour.
        1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Thinking they are testing Lance to the max to see how much he has at this point. Thinking at stage 12 they'll have made their decision.

Comment

I would love to see Lance take another. Haven't had a chance to catch much of the action though.

Comment

im rooting for team liquigas.
              cannondale delivers!...
              well other than my own bike preference, I'm rooting for leipheimer on astana, as he's a bay area local.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Don't road bike myself, (prefer to stay in the woods on a mtn bike) but I have been following the tour for the first time this year. Not really rooting for anyone yet, just watching as of now...
                1988 325i Vert
                1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
                  I've been watching every stage, def interesting so far, I can't believe that Contador attacked on his own, not following team plans. There still a lot of stages left and I can't tell whether Astana is going to try to put Lance in the yellow or not.
                  Contador ignoring team orders Oh yes? You realize that the team orders were held from Lance until they were on the road right?

And why would they put Lance in the yellow when he is neither their strongest rider, nor team leader?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                    Contador ignoring team orders Oh yes? You realize that the team orders were held from Lance until they were on the road right?

And why would they put Lance in the yellow when he is neither their strongest rider, nor team leader?
                    I think he may be alluding to Lance's reaction to Contador's push to the front. Also Levi also stated that Contador's move was not part of 'team orders'.

Versus does a great job and in HD it's quite something. I watched last years as well...

Comment

I love watching a sport where 90% of the athletes are juicing.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post

Alberto Contador's blistering attack in the final kilometers of stage 7 was not part of the Astana team's plan, Lance Armstrong said after the finish of the stage Friday.

"That wasn't really to the plan, but I didn't expect him to go by the plan, so no surprise," Armstrong told a crowd of reporters at the finish.

Asked what he thought when Contador attacked, Armstrong repeated, "like I said, I wasn't surprised."

Yep looks pretty clear to me
                        1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure things are going to get pretty dicey cause contador wants to win the tour and doesn't give a damn about Lance's or Astanas plans. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. And yes VS does a great job and so does Bob Roll and the other guy. None of that Fox/abc/cbs crap were nobody knows shit what they are talking about but they think they are the shit .

Comment

Phil Ligget and Bob "fall down" Roll have been doing this since the 80's they know the race personnally since both have competed in it.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              Phil Ligget and Bob "fall down" Roll have been doing this since the 80's they know the race personnally since both have competed in it.

I've been watching their coverage for years, those of you that don't know much about it should listen to them, they'll bring you up to speed pretty quick.

Can't wait for the alps, Contador and Armsrong are going to have an epic battle after they break it off in all the other GC contenders.

Comment

Working...
                              X