A+ Certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A+ Certification

I was wondering if there was anyone here with an A+ Cert and what kind of work can one get with it? I'd like to go back to school, but if I can't work it out than I will study and try and get my A+, just curious what the job market was like.

its a good certificate to have. I have it in addition to my bachelors and i think it helps make you stand out. Hell thats how I got my job. You'd be surprise how many of the "big guys" in the industry can't even operate a scanner.

essentially you'll be doing IT, doing tech support, troubleshooting minor computer issues.

Comment

is this the "CompTIA A+ Essentials Exam"..?

Comment

Got it back in 99 or so, it's a good first cert to have. It won't get you a job on it's own, back it up with some hands on experience. It's basically a "get your foot in the door" type of cert, the very first one you'll get.... the thing is there are too many people in IT who shouldn't even be in it, so don't worry about standing out with this cert, you won't ;) Some places require it, some don't, it deff. doesn't hurt to have but it doesn't have a huge value on it's own.
        Last edited by Jean; 07-22-2009, 08:18 PM.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

A+ is practically useless in any real money job.

I'd say shoot for more specific certs that are higher in elevation. Employers will assume you already know A+ shit if you have, say, an MCSA or something. I only did the A+ because it was a refresher and it looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            Got it back in 99 or so, it's a good first cert to have. It won't get you a job on it's own, back it up with some hands on experience. It's basically a "get your foot in the door" type of cert, the very first one you'll get.... the thing is there are too many people in IT who shouldn't even be in it, so don't worry about standing out with this cert, you won't ;) Some places require it, some don't, it deff. doesn't hurt to have but it doesn't have a huge value on it's own.
            Lets be IT pals
            So we can talk about E30's and black vaginas and FSMO Roles

Comment

I have my A+ and Network+ most times when I go on an interview, people ask what that is. lol. I have about 4 MS certs (MCSA and a few MCTS') and those stand out quite a bit. A+ is too general. You need specific like MS or CCNA or something.

Comment

I need to get into the game.

Comment

Working...
                X