world's fastest fire engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

world's fastest fire engine

Never liked the car too much but this is pretty cool.

[B]
    World's fastest fire engine

The world's fastest fire engine - a Nissan GT-R car which can hit 190mph and does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds - has been delivered to the Nurburgring motor racing circuit in Germany.
    The Japanese mean machine has had a full fire-fighting make-over including a huge tank of fire retarding foam and a hose reel where the back seats used to be.

The Ring's Klaus Hardt says the track needed a fire engine to match the cars that race the track everyday.

"When your race track is the mecca for petrol heads there's going to be mishaps every now and then and we needed to make sure we don't lose a second getting to them," he said.

One driver said: "The driver must have every bloke's dream job - a fire fighter that drives a supercar!"

But Hardt insists the fire engine is for safety, not for fun.

"Our response time is now under three-and-a-half minutes wherever you are on the track,"

"That gives our visitors the confidence they need to put in their best times as they know the GT-R will be with them in a flash if the worst happens," he said.

And now track bosses plan to start a whole fleet of the supersonic fire fighters.
    sigpic

Good work
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

"Our response time is now under three-and-a-half minutes wherever you are on the track,"
      That is amazing.

I bet all the extra weight of the foam throws the handling and acceleration off a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        That is amazing.

I bet all the extra weight of the foam throws the handling and acceleration off a bit.
        still fucking awesome though

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

Who's gonna put that sucker out when it wrecks due to the fire engine mod?
          Yours truly,
          Rich
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Rigmaster
          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
            Another Fire Engine GTR of course.

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
              Another Fire Engine GTR of course.
              lawl
              Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

What if the tranny blows?
                1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

God bless zee germans

Comment

That, is freaking badassss... It's a really good idea too.
                    -Erik
                    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                      Irony will put out the fire after it engulfs that GTR.

Comment

this thread disappointed me
                        I thought I was going to see a ladder truck with liquid fueled rocket engines

Comment

Working...
                        X