For those with sand blasters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those with sand blasters.

What do you guys use? Sand, glass beads, acorns, ???

I have sand in mine now and boy is it dusty. I have a shop vac hooked up and its just not sucking the dust out fast enough. Anything that does a better job with less dust?

walnut shells
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Them kids down the street..........

BUT THIS!!!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=194272

Comment

Originally posted by EricT View Post
        Them kids down the street..........
        Perfect answer.. We can make it happen?
        I can always tell there mothers : Should have kept them locked up inside :

Comment

are you using regular sand, or black beauty/similar?

Comment

Are you doing it in a box? There are vacs made just for sand blasting in a box. My dad got a new one for around 200. Its also possible you need new sand if it has all turned to dust.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

you need to reseal your box or adjust the air intake. i dont know what you have but no blast cabinet is dust proof. but you can minimize it. be sure youre wearing a good respirator regardless of what youre using. silica causes cancer.
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Mine came with a large vaccum with a trap. I keep it outside and the blaster boot is in the garage. I used weatherstriping to reseal it.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by HiTheNameIsBJ View Post
                  are you using regular sand, or black beauty/similar?
                  Im using just regular play sand that I put through a screen.
                  Bad idea Im sure of it. but thats all I found local so far. I need to see if harbor freight has what I need. Just need to find out what I need.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                  Are you doing it in a box? There are vacs made just for sand blasting in a box. My dad got a new one for around 200. Its also possible you need new sand if it has all turned to dust.
                  Can you snap a photo?

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                  you need to reseal your box or adjust the air intake. i dont know what you have but no blast cabinet is dust proof. but you can minimize it. be sure youre wearing a good respirator regardless of what youre using. silica causes cancer.
                  Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                  Mine came with a large vaccum with a trap. I keep it outside and the blaster boot is in the garage. I used weatherstriping to reseal it.
                  I will look into resealing it. So I should block off the vent box on the back of the blaster?

This is what I have.

Comment

since I am local to you at the moment (on a job up in canton staying in williamsport) once we get rolling here in he next couple of weeks, I will snag you a bag or 2 of black beauty blasting sand for ya.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

That would be awsome. Where in Williamsport you staying?

Comment

If you have a tractor supply store they will have the black blasting sand you need. Harbor freight has plastic media that can be reused but I'd bet you will cut down on the amount of dust just by using the black stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                          Im using just regular play sand that I put through a screen.
                          Bad idea Im sure of it. but thats all I found local so far. I need to see if harbor freight has what I need. Just need to find out what I need.

Can you snap a photo?

I will look into resealing it. So I should block off the vent box on the back of the blaster?

This is what I have.

i have a very similar unit as you (mines an eastwood but similar size) i dont see a shop vac hooked up. the shop vac pulls all the dust out and the vent in the back allows fresh air in. you should adjust your vent with the shop vac running so that your gloves stand straight out. thats the point where theres the proper amount of vac to suck particles out as if you had jflip there. does that make sense? do you have a vac hooked up??
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Yeah we have a tractor supply about 30 minutes up the road from here. I will have to run up sometime when I get back from vacation..

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                              i have a very similar unit as you (mines an eastwood but similar size) i dont see a shop vac hooked up. the shop vac pulls all the dust out and the vent in the back allows fresh air in. you should adjust your vent with the shop vac running so that your gloves stand straight out. thats the point where theres the proper amount of vac to suck particles out as if you had jflip there. does that make sense? do you have a vac hooked up??
                              Thats the only photo I have of it.
                              But on the left side of the box where the cord is wrapped up is where the vac goes. So thats where I have it hooked up.
                              I dont think, or atleast dont know if the vent on the back is adjustable. I will check into it before I leave..

Comment

Working...
                              X