Earbud suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • snitzer
    replied
    Originally posted by retardotyler
    JVC Marshmallows have really good for the price. Tons of bass. I don't know about long lasting, but I've had mine for over 6 months. The only problem could be that they kill almost all ambient sound.. Don't know if you'd want that while riding.
    cool ... she uses them mostley while working the roundpen 6-7 times a day or while on shovel duty...

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Marshmallows do get some good reviews as well, and are an IEM design (hopefully you can tell that from the obvious seals).

    Leave a comment:


  • retardotyler
    replied
    JVC Marshmallows have really good for the price. Tons of bass. I don't know about long lasting, but I've had mine for over 6 months. The only problem could be that they kill almost all ambient sound.. Don't know if you'd want that while riding.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Do you want earbuds or in-ear monitors? IEMs are a little more awkward at first but tend to provide much better sound (nice deep bass since they seal with your ear).

    Originally posted by s0urce
    Ultimate Ears Super Fi. 5.

    Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
    Haha, midrange UEs might be a bit much for a newb. ;) I just got some Sony EX-55s for $40, they're pretty decent (wearing them now) although I wouldn't want to wear them for extended periods. What I'd recommend, IEM-wise:

    Sony EX-71 (not sure if still in production, about $30 online last time I checked) and EX-55
    Sennheiser CX300 (about $40 online)
    JBL made a decent set that was a partially-open design (so not a total seal but you can hear your surroundings too that probably fetches a similar price
    Bose actually made a good pair of IEMs too, can't remember what they were called.

    There is a company called Yuin that makes good earbuds (non-IEM) for about $80. Or, Sennheiser MX560s seem to be okay but I've never heard them nor any reviews of them. Cheap though ($25).

    Keep this in mind though: I've had three sets of EX-71s, and one set of CX300s. They all either got lost or ran through the laundry. So this is not something you necessarily want to spend a ton of money on. That's why I only spent $40 on this set.

    Check out headphone.com for a decent source of info.
    Last edited by Wh33lhop; 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    shure, etymotic

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Ultimate Ears Super Fi. 5.

    Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    the skullcandy one were pretty good for the price, but the panasonic ones i have now are a little bit more $$, better sound, and more comfy when used for long periods of time (3+ hours in the gym)

    Leave a comment:


  • snitzer
    started a topic Earbud suggestions

    Earbud suggestions

    My wife is a horse trainer ... and the earbuds for her zune keep breaking ...she liked the Sony's with the ear clip... but they are not very durable..i had a set that died as well and i fly an armored desk all day.

    has anybody found ones that will last more than a few weeks.

    thanks
Working...