Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow Leopard Problems?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I'm not knocking it, I like Macs, I'm just saying. :D

    Comment


      #32
      The reason the trash was taking so long to empty was most likely because when erasing the files, it was zero'ing out those sectors on your HDD, instead of just marking them to be overwritten.

      It's much more secure to zero out your files when erasing them, but if you have no reason too then don't worry about it. :)

      Comment


        #33
        I go to http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ if i have any mac related questions. guys over there seem to be legit and quick to respond to weird issues.
        Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

        Comment


          #34
          i don't understand the whole mac vs pc argument. everyone says it as a windows vs mac thing. linux anyone?

          btw, snow leopard downgrades your version of flash to an older exploitable one, thusly opening up your "bug free" super amazing mac to whatever a hacker wants to do you. http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/1007?ref=rss

          Macs are pretty and yah they do photoshop very well, but they are NOT more secure and it is sad that people make that an argument. Everything is pretty damn bad
          Originally posted by george graves

          Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

          Comment


            #35
            Lol

            Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            I am still running my "old" 10.5.8 on my laptops and will wait until all "guinea pigs" have solve bugs...
            and...

            Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            Macs are extremely stable and usually 100% bug free.
            so, which is it then?
            Build thread

            Bimmerlabs

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by nando View Post
              and...



              So, which is it then?

              +1
              Originally posted by george graves

              Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by TheEtaUnderdog View Post
                i don't understand the whole mac vs pc argument. everyone says it as a windows vs mac thing. linux anyone?

                btw, snow leopard downgrades your version of flash to an older exploitable one, thusly opening up your "bug free" super amazing mac to whatever a hacker wants to do you. http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/1007?ref=rss

                Macs are pretty and yah they do photoshop very well, but they are NOT more secure and it is sad that people make that an argument. Everything is pretty damn bad
                lol im sorry but i don't agree with you at all. ya snow leopard was shipped with a older version of flash but isn't that what software update is for? did you know that the security hole is a remote execution exploit, which means that they can execute arbitrary code, BUT YOU CAN NOT EXECUTE ROOT CODE WITHOUT A ROOT PASSWORD! the only OS it will execute code on is windows LMAO. and how can u say windows is even halfway as secure as a osx, i can literally go on any porn site anywhere on the web with pop up blocker off and nothing will happen to my computer can u say that about pc's? and last but not least mac osx is based off of free bsd which is unix and guess what linux was based off of hmm let me think unix...


                quoted from Wikipedia.com
                Mac OS X is based upon the Mach kernel.[8] Certain parts from FreeBSD's and NetBSD's implementation of Unix were incorporated in Nextstep, the core of Mac OS X.
                Last edited by zav3n; 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by zav3n View Post
                  lol im sorry but i don't agree with you at all. ya snow leopard was shipped with a older version of flash but isn't that what software update is for? did you know that the security hole is a remote execution exploit, which means that they can execute arbitrary code, BUT YOU CAN NOT EXECUTE ROOT CODE WITHOUT A ROOT PASSWORD! the only OS it will execute code on is windows LMAO. and how can u say windows is even halfway as secure as a osx, i can literally go on any porn site anywhere on the web with pop up blocker off and nothing will happen to my computer can u say that about pc's? and last but not least mac osx is based off of free bsd which is unix and guess what linux was based off of hmm let me think unix...
                  lol

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
                    anyone else upgrade to snow leopard and have side effects now?

                    -when i empty trash it takes longer and a screen pops up showing the process.
                    -AirPort from time to time will just stop receiving signal

                    these are the 2 most reoccurring issues im having with it. anyone else? anyone know any tricks? is this fixable? ie through settings? if so hook a Mac noob up!
                    Lol these two problems are common Vista problems as well.

                    Congrats Mac owners, you've just upgraded to Windows Vista.
                    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by zav3n View Post
                      lol im sorry but i don't agree with you at all. ya snow leopard was shipped with a older version of flash but isn't that what software update is for? did you know that the security hole is a remote execution exploit, which means that they can execute arbitrary code, BUT YOU CAN NOT EXECUTE ROOT CODE WITHOUT A ROOT PASSWORD! the only OS it will execute code on is windows LMAO. and how can u say windows is even halfway as secure as a osx, i can literally go on any porn site anywhere on the web with pop up blocker off and nothing will happen to my computer can u say that about pc's? and last but not least mac osx is based off of free bsd which is unix and guess what linux was based off of hmm let me think unix...
                      Actually, I could say that.
                      R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X