Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victim of Comcast "congestion management"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
    Anyone have Comcast cable?
    Ever lose connection for like 5-10 mins? Then have it magically reappear?
    Apartment or house? Going through a router? What brand of modem do you have?

Go to 192.168.100.1

Look for something that says 'receive power level' and another that says 'transmit power level', or RX PWR or TX PWR. They'll be measured in dBmV, post them here.

Maybe your connection just sucks.
    "Our mother of blessed acceleration don't fail me now."

Comment

Originally posted by ThePotsy View Post
      Apartment or house? Going through a router? What brand of modem do you have?

Go to 192.168.100.1

Look for something that says 'receive power level' and another that says 'transmit power level', or RX PWR or TX PWR. They'll be measured in dBmV, post them here.

Maybe your connection just sucks.
      Woh. Didn't know I could do that...cool, thanks. Problem seems to have dissipated over the last couple months.

Downstream... 11.xx dBmV
      Upstream... 34.25dBmV

Yea...
      89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
      E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

The only problem I have with comcast is their stupid data monitoring/limiting they just started... 250 GB/Month total DL/UL. I guess I won't be getting as many 1080/720p movies. :(
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
          I would say yes, but sadly, the download rates were nearly nonexistent, sort of like cultured society in Idaho.
          True.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
            Next time you're in Connecticut, give me a cock ring.
            Corrected.
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I have fios. my speeds are INSANE. I used to have to deal with comcast, most of the problems were with shitty modems. Once they gave us a good modem, I stopped getting disconnected. Did get an email warnign about DLing movies once lulz.

Comment

The day that fiber optics has the structure that cable companies have, CABLE WILL BE DEAD!!! Cable companies are the biggest ass holes around. I swear they find dictators to sit on the boards and choose the direction best way to screw us. We have a fiber loop around our downtown. It's expensive but well worth it.
                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

the worst part is that the fiber has been in the ground for 10 to 15 years in many cases.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X