R3V Recommend me a Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki RG500 Gamma

Lots of fun, light, fast, and fast, and fast.

RC

Comment

sv650 ftw. check out svrider for tons of modding ideas. its the e30 of the motorcycle world.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Hey everyone, i need help i am looking for a street bike with not too much power but one that will be fun and safe to ride.
        i havent driven a bike yet so i am a noob but i would really like to get one

my price range would be around 2-3k
        thanks guys any advice would be great!

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
        Honda RC51. Honda CBR954RR. Honda CBR1000RR. Kawasaki ZX10R from 04-07. Kawasaki ZX12R (If you dont mind carbs.) Yamaha R1 06-present.

Currently after owning an R6, zx6r, and a zx7r, the best bang for your money is a 750cc and up. Although If you are actually a skilled rider and aren't all about ridiculous speed in a straight line, an R6 can out lap an r1 with a noob rider. This spring I am getting a R6.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i was thinking about an r6 but i am mixed on whether to get a 600cc bike first or not, i work with a guy that told me that id gget bored with the ninja 250 in a month.
          I have heard great things about the R6, and even tho i am a newb he said he started off the same way just to tak it easy on the throttle and learn how to lean and managethe clutch.

e24 e9 e30
          IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Don't get a 600cc anything, exception being the SV. Check insurance rates for an idea of what to expect. I have a Honda CB-1, since I was afraid of getting something "too slow"

Anything under 600cc that doen't have FZR, CBR, GSX, etc. at the beginning is the way to go. I would advise buying a bike with as little fairing as possible, since those aren't cheap to replace.
            '89 325i track sloot
            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

honda cb 750 haha just cause im building one

Comment

Here are some before and after pics of my SV650n

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

get a ninja 250. I started on one, and its a great bike to really learn the fundamentals and not kill yourself.
                  Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

sv650 or a honda hawk gt
                    and for the love of god, if you haven't ever ridden a streetbike before, don't get one with fairings. you WILL drop it. it is 100% guaranteed. at a stop sign, in your driveway, or in a parking lot. fairings will get scratched and your bike will look like shit. naked bikes fall over much better and at most you'll have to replace a lever or a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by stumble_t View Post
                      suzuki sv650 or 650s depending on ur stylee. suzuki drz400 too

+1 DRZ 400 they can be alot of fun.
                      84 318I Delphin RIP
                      87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                      89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Working...
                      X