Headphones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headphones?

Looking to get a nice set of headphones that are not an in-the-ear style. These will primary be used to listen to my iphone in the airport or to listen to music/videogames on my stereo while not waking the girl. I am looking for something that sounds good and are comfortable to wear that can be driven by an iphone. I was looking at Sennheiser and some stuff in that price range. Also thought that the Nixon Nomadic iphone looked cool but i wasnt to convinced about the sound quality. But I did like that they had the button on the wire.

so what are you guys listening to?
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

What's your price range?

Do you want an open or closed headphone?

What sort of music do you listen to?

Do you prefer a "fun" headphone (one that enhances music) or a monitor style that focuses on accurate reproduction?

Few names to look up:
    Beyerdynamic
    Grado/Allesandro (if you like rock)
    AKG
    obviously Sennheiser

In terms of nice headphones, I've had a pair of Sennheiser HD590s (sound great but no bass, for more bass check out the HD650) and Beyerdynamic DT990s (awesome phones, great bass). These were both great and both open so they were very clear, but there was no isolation. I've also had a pair of HD280s which were great studio phones, especially for the price, great bass and they were sealed but clamped down on your head pretty hard so extended listening got uncomfortable.

Comment

I personally recommend the Denon D2000.
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        What's your price range?

Do you want an open or closed headphone?

What sort of music do you listen to?

Do you prefer a "fun" headphone (one that enhances music) or a monitor style that focuses on accurate reproduction?

Few names to look up:
        Beyerdynamic
        Grado/Allesandro (if you like rock)
        AKG
        obviously Sennheiser
        Price range is up to $200ish i guess. I would pay more if I was really getting something awesome i guess

open vs. closed... Im not sure. I am not going to be DJing anything but I will be wearing them on planes as well as for long periods of time at a sitting. What do you guys think?

Musis? I listen to: Underground/oldschool/some pop hip-hop(Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Ludacris, Dr.Dre), Alternative (Nirvana, STP, RATM), Electronic/DnB/Breakbeats, Videogames, Occasionally some classical

Fun style vs monitor? I dunno. I have a LOT of mp3 music and ripped cd's so I dont even know how much I want to hear every last artifact. The stuff I listen to generally has a lot of bass and I generally like a bass heavy eq. Is that fun style? opinions?

I currently own an older set of AKG but they are NOT comfortable are are huge to carrying around. They are a really old. Think like 18years old. I just want something good.
        e30sport.net
        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

ive got a set of ultrasone s-logics's that are awesome
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
            Price range is up to $200ish i guess. I would pay more if I was really getting something awesome i guess

open vs. closed... Im not sure. I am not going to be DJing anything but I will be wearing them on planes as well as for long periods of time at a sitting. What do you guys think?

Musis? I listen to: Underground/oldschool/some pop hip-hop(Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Ludacris, Dr.Dre), Alternative (Nirvana, STP, RATM), Electronic/DnB/Breakbeats, Videogames, Occasionally some classical

Fun style vs monitor? I dunno. I have a LOT of mp3 music and ripped cd's so I dont even know how much I want to hear every last artifact. The stuff I listen to generally has a lot of bass and I generally like a bass heavy eq. Is that fun style? opinions?

I currently own an older set of AKG but they are NOT comfortable are are huge to carrying around. They are a really old. Think like 18years old. I just want something good.
            Yeah, you sound like you want bass-heavy fun phones.

Check out:
            Beyerdynamic DT770 (sealed/closed and big bass, some have modded them for even more) and DT990 (open and less bass but still bass heavy, I loved these) they are generally about $200-250

Grado SR225i (they also have a 325i, no joke) are about $200 and have good bass, not huge but supposedly pretty punchy, plus they give the music a "presence"

Sennheiser HD280s are generally under $200 but are pretty durable, sealed and have good bass, the HD650s have good low end too but they're pretty pricey.

Audio Technica ATH-M50 are sealed and have lots of high and low end, they're about $150.

All of these will sound good, it's just about what you want. Personally I think aesthetics are important too, you're going to look like a douche wearing any big headphones so they better look cool on their own.

Comment

I have some foldable Senheiser PX200 and love them. My second set. They have great bass, are lightweight, and you can wear them all day long. And they are cheap at around $60 at amazon.com

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Those Nixon headphones are pretty sick looking.

Look at Bose also.
                1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

check out headroom they know their stuff and can point you in the right direction
                  Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!

Personally I prefer an in ear monitor and use UltimateEars products either superfi.5's or superfi.pro's. Hands down best SQ ive heard for a logical budget.
                  [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

Get the Paul Frank Skull Candys
                    sigpic

Comment

I have Audio Technica ATH A700, they are sealed, pretty good bass, and don't need an amp to be powered by an mp3 player, a lot of high end headphones do, so you might want to check on that. Pretty good bass, godly positioning is great for games. On the headphone forums they say they aren't as good for music as some others though, not as punchy I guess? Forget, it was a while ago. This is my first set of nice headphones though so they sound amazing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                        ive got a set of ultrasone s-logics's that are awesome

I love my HFI-2200's. Northern light and sound has them right now for $169 in the clearance section, there's only a couple pairs left.

Comment

I've got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s and I love them. Really nice bass and great gaming headphones too.
                          Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
                          -Jackie Stewart

Comment

Grado SR 60, if you aren't going to use a dedicated headphone amp.
                            Grado 225, if you are going to use a dedicated headphone amp.

The nice headphones, ie $150 and up, really need a dedicated amp to sond their best.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I have a set of Shure SE530s that are pretty wicked, but they're in-ear monitors. They also aren't big on bass despite what every review says...it's rather disappointing honestly. Glad I got them used.

For regular listening, I can't recommend the Sony MDR-7506 any higher. Amazon of $100 or less, studio monitor recording headphones. They don't do much for isolation, but sound amazing for the price. They also don't need an amp and are plenty happy running off my old brick of an ipod.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X