X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$148 + MIT Student= Space pics normally reserved for NASA

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CNN
    Oliver Yeh is the kind of guy who cooks up ideas so kooky, so out-of-this-world, that even his fellow MIT students tend to roll their eyes when they hear them. But that never stops him. His latest concept -- to launch a camera into near-space using a weather balloon, a cell phone, hand warmers and a drink cooler -- fell flat when he sent out an e-mail message to dozens of his classmates, asking for help. Unfazed, Yeh managed to find one friend willing to chip in. And on September 2, the go-it-alone pair floated a balloon-camera high enough into the atmosphere to photograph the curvature of the Earth and the deep black of space, all on a lunch-money budget of $148.

Oliver Yeh is the kind of guy who cooks up ideas so kooky, so out-of-this-world, that even his fellow MIT students tend to roll their eyes when they hear them.

That's fricking awesome!
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Awesome.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

That is so fucking cool.
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Damn right! Stuff like this should be rewarded, give that man a job and see what else he can figure out...
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Huh, and to think my 4th grade class tried to contact other people in different states with our balloons. Public education......

Comment

Originally posted by whysimon View Post
              Huh, and to think my 4th grade class tried to contact other people in different states with our balloons. Public education......
              Yea we did that in 5th grade, we wrote notes on them then left contact info, I think we got like 2 out of 20 responses.

'88 325iX -Totaled
              '97 M3 - Sold
              '85 euro e30 Pete McHenry 2.8L m20 Stroker - Parting out
              '89 325is - Sold
              '95 540i 6spd
              '87 325is M Technic I s50

Comment

Really fucking cool.

Comment

thats unreal!!
                  Tim.

Comment

MIT students are a different breed. Some of the undergrads who came through my lab were really something else.
                    sigpic
                    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Working...
                    X