sexy 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sexy 911

I love old 911's (who doesn't?) and I fell in love when I saw this. I'll take mine in white with blue graphics.

Singer Vehicle Design rolled out its first prototype, plainly named the "Singer 911," at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance last month. Based on an '80s-era long-wheelbase 911 donor vehicle, the company strips each chassis to its bare shell for "reinvention" into what Singer calls a "celebration of the golden air-cooled era of the world's most important sports car."

Incontestable is its vintage Porsche 911 look. However, the Singer 911 is far from antiquated. The complete reincarnation includes chassis stiffening, new active aerodynamics, and a lightweight integral backbone structure and roll cage to improve torsional rigidity. Most interestingly, nearly all of the steel body panels are replaced by full carbon fiber composite bodywork candy-coated in Singer's exclusive "Racing Orange" paint.

Under the rear decklid is an air-cooled 3.82-liter flat-six sporting six individual throttle bodies. With a GT3 crankshaft and titanium connecting rods, the powerplant spins eagerly to 8,000 RPM. The engine sends 425 horsepower and 340 lb-ft of torque to a proper Getrag G50 six-speed manual transmission. According to the engineering team, the 2,400-pound Singer 911 will sprint to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds. Top speed is in excess of 170 MPH.

more pics here

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
    '98 528i

I'll take mine with repost...

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Wait, my first klink.

Sweet.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
      Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
      Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

dammit

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
        '98 528i

Comment

Worth the repost, The thing is hot.

Comment

preroast.

Comment

Working...
            X