No announcement yet.

The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the extended version of this video that also featured a white 911.. anyone?

Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0471.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	7193314

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	7193315Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0460.jpg
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	7193316Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	7193317

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stubby little hillclimb hotrod - the 909 Bergspyder

826 lbs
        275hp F1-based flat 8
        0-60 2.4 sec.

I bet it sounded good.

Name:	909-bergspyder1.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	7193319

Name:	909-bergspyder2.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	7193320

Name:	909-bergspyder3.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	7193321

Name:	909-bergspyder-4.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	7193322

Comment

That new Singer engine...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT: Sorry, my first link was bad. All fixed now.
          Last edited by LJ851; 11-07-2017, 06:43 PM.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Oh, I came back just to post that! Good work!

Good noise on overrun.

Can we not embed youtube videos anymore?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT - apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post

Good noise on overrun.

EDIT - apparently not.
              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post

Good noise on overrun.

EDIT - apparently not.

i just tried to put it up for you and i can't get it to work either.

sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

The way a 914 is supposed to look....and sound....

Comment

Piech completely out of Volkswagen and Porsche. Sells his stock to rival family members, resigns.

"In April 2015, he resigned from all posts at VW Group after losing a power struggle with his former protege, then-CEO Martin Winterkorn. Over time, relations with his extended family and his cousin, fellow VW director Wolfgang Porsche, worsened and eventually he decided to liquidate his stake. This contractually meant a sale to his rival family members, who have a right of first refusal whenever another relative wants out."

Comment

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here but my brother is in the market for a 993. It can be a project if the price is right. He is also considering a 996 or 997 but they'd have to be priced very right. He is looking to stay under $40K for a 993 if he can but will look at anything under $55k. If anyone has a lead on one, I'd really appreciate you sending it my way!
                      Last edited by willworkfore30s; 11-09-2017, 12:28 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

^ he's going to be hard pressed to find a 993 for under $55k. At least one in decent shape with less than 130K on the clock.

I'd start on the Rennlist forums. Cars move often over there and are nearly all enthusiast owned, even the 100K+ examples. That said, it seems like prices are starting to level off and even come down from what they were 12-18 months ago.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                        Sounds like you need a massage.
                        Originally posted by kpeng
                        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post

I'd start on the Rennlist forums. Cars move often over there and are nearly all enthusiast owned, even the 100K+ examples. That said, it seems like prices are starting to level off and even come down from what they were 12-18 months ago.
                          To think that I could have gotten a '77 911 for about $1500 more than I paid for my 996 1.5 years ago makes me cry a little bit. Almost immediately after I bought my 996 the market for air cooled 911s shot through the roof, and the 996 market when precisely nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                            To think that I could have gotten a '77 911 for about $1500 more than I paid for my 996 1.5 years ago makes me cry a little bit. Almost immediately after I bought my 996 the market for air cooled 911s shot through the roof, and the 996 market when precisely nowhere.
                            I remember in the early to mid '00's when middies ('74-'77) were regarded as the garbage entry-level 911, and you could buy them all day for under $10K. People were more interested in the long nose early cars, or the 993s. Truthfully, they weren't that great if they still had thermal reactors, leaky mag cases with pulled head studs, and poo-brown paint that was popular in the '70's.

For reference, SCs were $12K, and Carreras were about $20K. 964s were also about $20K, just a bit more for RS Americas. 993 was about $35K. 993TT were $70K, and so were the real Carrera RS (if you could find one).

The popular saying back then, which lasted for years but no longer applies, is that every decent older air-cooled 911 was a $20K car, whether you bought a perfect one, or had to pay to get a cheap one there.
                            '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                              I remember in the early to mid '00's when middies ('74-'77) were regarded as the garbage entry-level 911, and you could buy them all day for under $10K. People were more interested in the long nose early cars, or the 993s. Truthfully, they weren't that great if they still had thermal reactors, leaky mag cases with pulled head studs, and poo-brown paint that was popular in the '70's.

For reference, SCs were $12K, and Carreras were about $20K. 964s were also about $20K, just a bit more for RS Americas. 993 was about $35K. 993TT were $70K, and so were the real Carrera RS (if you could find one).

The popular saying back then, which lasted for years but no longer applies, is that every decent older air-cooled 911 was a $20K car, whether you bought a perfect one, or had to pay to get a cheap one there.
                              It's like talking to our fathers/uncles when they talk about missing out on buying pristine muscle cars for 1/16th of what they're worth today. We just shake our heads, but here we went and all missed the opportunity with cars like the 911, e30 M3, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                                It's like talking to our fathers/uncles when they talk about missing out on buying pristine muscle cars for 1/16th of what they're worth today. We just shake our heads, but here we went and all missed the opportunity with cars like the 911, e30 M3, etc...
                                Yeah, I feel like an old-timer when I reminisce, but the thing is, those bargains weren't that long ago. The market escalated very quickly in the last few years. Maybe the cars were just under-appreciated for too long.

Also, a Porsche 911 has ALWAYS been a $80-100K car in today's dollars, if you punch in their values into a free online inflation calculator, even all the way back to the '60's. Similarly, a BMW M3 has always been about $65-70K. Same can be said of V8 Ferraris always being $200K. So today, a decent G50 Carrera for $40K or e30 M3 for similar, is still way below the original original value in today's dollars.
                                '91 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X