Clunkers: Taxpayers paid $24,000 per car
Collapse
X
-
wow the population of tool bags and Hippie dip shits around here increase exponentially every week.
I gonna stay outta this one. Every one knows where I fall on this. No need to rehash it.Leave a comment:
-
-
Start your own religion and pay 0. You and I both know sheep are easy to find/herd. Make a mint and sell the electric koolaid in 2012.i get my info from life experience. I think for myself. I also take care of myself and my family and dont expect any handouts. Tell me this... How much are you willing to give the government of your hard earned money. 40%?? 50% ? Is 50 too much? What about 60%? Are you willing to work 7 months for the government?Leave a comment:
-
-
-
It did boost the domestic auto industry but its only a temporary boost (factories are back to restricted hours and dealerships are seeing their floorplans back up again). The fun of it was it was sold as a crock-o-shit environmental measure and it was backed up by the idea that everyone was buying hybrids but once you used real numbers instead of by configurations of each model it became apparent people were buying pick-ups and SUVs.
So they bought one good quarter and a lot of people got a chance to upgrade their F150 with a $4000 discount, nothing more.Leave a comment:
-
Taken from the article:
Edmunds.com's estimate of the ultimate sales increase generally matches what industry experts had thought, said George Pipas, a sales analyst with Ford Motor Co (F, Fortune 500). But that misses the point, he said.
"The whole purpose of the program was to provide some kind of catalyst to kick-start the economy," he said, "and by all accounts the extra production that was added this year was a boost to the economy."Leave a comment:
-
Guys guys guys..... so long our "carbon footprint" is smaller we ALL should be very happy. This program will benefit us year after year.
Yes, a liberal hippie actually said that to me LOL. I laughed at him and proceeded to take a piss on someone's carLeave a comment:
-
i get my info from life experience. I think for myself. I also take care of myself and my family and dont expect any handouts. Tell me this... How much are you willing to give the government of your hard earned money. 40%?? 50% ? Is 50 too much? What about 60%? Are you willing to work 7 months for the government?Leave a comment:
-
-
easy son. At some point, there's a right answer and there's a wrong answer. This isn't about existential philosophy, it's a question of whether a.) the money was spent with the goal of reducing cabon emssisions, or stimulating the car economy and b.) was that money (to stimulate the car companies) a good investment. Whatever overtones were said about CFC being a green program, it's clear it was meant to stimulate car sales. And, I think it was a terribly laid out program focused on short-term gain to the detriment of longer-tem financial health.Oh please tell me the answers to all of life's questions Sir.
The real problem isn't people who are uninformed, it's people that are uninformed yet think they know everything, like yourself. At least some people can admit that there are tons of different viewpoints and the truth is hard to come by. You on the other hand think that everything is black and white and God himself channels the truth directly into your pea brain. Get over yourself prick.
This program rewarded (by and large) two demographics: the rich, and the fiscally irresponsible. Rich people could afford new cars, but decided to buy them now when there was a substantial rebate offered for it. They would have bought new cars anyways- slumping car sales in the months following proved it. And fiscally irresponsible people bought cars they could not afford because the deal was there. I know some people don't fit into those categories, but by and large it's accurate.
I suppose there's one other category of people, those whose budget could only support a lower-end car who used the opportunity to use the rebate to buy a car of a higher caliber. (you can afford 14k for a car, suddenly CFC affords you an 18.5k car.) I don't blame the people who did this, as it was smart on their part, but we as taxpayers financed new car buyers' options, or their ability to buy a camry instead of a civic. Well done America.Leave a comment:
-
-


Leave a comment: