Clunkers: Taxpayers paid $24,000 per car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shiftbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by kishg
    here's another thread where folks that have a personal problem with lee seem to want to censor him. i thought the whole point of a thread is to have open discussion. are we imposing immigration checks on who can post on a thread about US politics now? if you have a counter-argument to him, post it, else STFU.

    But without us, Lee doesn't get the attention he craves...it's similar to people in lifted trucks that drive down the street with their subs blaring...if people don't look, they don't feel cool. If we were to stop, how would Lee validate his existance?

    To be fair, if the guy ever had anything on topic to say that wasn't just completely aimed at stirring shit up I doubt anyone would say anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by kishg
    did you even read the article you quoted? :roll:
    Like I said why in the fuck....


    Its bloated government spending taxpayer money with out any concerns. As our good Canadian friends say.... the US dollar is tanking!

    Leave a comment:


  • RainierHooker
    replied
    What does Afghanistan have to do with Cash for Clunkers?

    PS: unless you have been to SW Asia, STFU and quit trying to push your rhetoric.

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    As for price of the clunkers, the point is Max trade in was $4500, why in the fuck is there $20k of pork stuck to the bill?
    did you even read the article you quoted? :roll:

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    here's another thread where folks that have a personal problem with lee seem to want to censor him. i thought the whole point of a thread is to have open discussion. are we imposing immigration checks on who can post on a thread about US politics now? if you have a counter-argument to him, post it, else STFU.

    Leave a comment:


  • ramdmc
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Canada also benefits its Safety and lack of a threat of war due to the American Military.
    To correct you. Canada also benefits its Safety and lack of a threat of war due to sustainable foreign policy and diplomacy.

    I'm actually too tired to mine Wikipedia to support my argument but those are 2007 numbers and a lot has changed since. I can go on but arguing on the internet is kinda pointless and here I go taking the bait.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by ramdmc
    , or back up your parrotted statement.
    Looks to me that Canda loves America!




    Exports $440.1 billion (2007 est.) Export goods motor vehicles and parts, industrial machinery, aircraft, telecommunications equipment, electronics, chemicals, plastics, fertilizers, wood pulp, timber, crude petroleum, natural gas, electricity, aluminium Main export partners U.S. 78.9%, UK 2.8%, China 2.1% (2007)

    Main Export 78.9% USA.


    Canada also benefits its Safety and lack of a threat of war due to the American Military.
    Last edited by Vedubin01; 10-30-2009, 07:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ramdmc
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Say what you want but Canada would not be what it is today if it was not for the United States. Your country has benefited greatly just for bordering our country. So that is why your country chose freely to go fight.
    Please quit while you're ahead, or back up your parrotted statement. Sorry man, but that's complete and utter bullshit. I don't see our dollar going to the shitter and I don't see the middle class vanishing. Is that thanks to the United States?

    I don't disagree with the C4C comments made and although I'm an environmentalist, I'm also a gearhead. I know it takes more carbon, exponentially more to manufacture a new car than it is to repair, retrofit, and keep these so called "clunkers" on the road. This C4C is just another form of corporate welfare masquerading as a "green" initiative.

    And mrsleeve, I was just standing up for those I have lost personally. Although I don't agree with the politics of it all, they will never be without my support or respect. After all, they just do as they are told, not a peep from them. I wish I could share their burden but the least I could do I defend their honour.

    Don't believe everything you see on tv, it's all being twisted to serve someones interest.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

    I agree with all that 100%

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Say what you want but Canada would not be what it is today if it was not for the United States. Your country has benefited greatly just for bordering our country. So that is why your country chose freely to go fight.

    I am not a fan of the war in Iraq. I have a cousin over there right now and I have both my brothers headed to Afghanistan this coming year. Obama has chosen to ramp up the Afghanistan war. He is about to repeat history in regards to entering Vietnam. The last thing I want is a commander in chief half ass funding a war that my family is physically fighting. Fighting a war in Afghanistan is a no win battle. But the power of America is hinging on it. Obama has no option but to ramp up and fight that war...

    As for price of the clunkers, the point is Max trade in was $4500, why in the fuck is there $20k of pork stuck to the bill?

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Ok you are a new guy and will cut you some slack on this one. While you are correct in nearly all respects. How many boots on the ground have you sent to our defense, how many have you contributed to either of the sand box issues??? Minor fractions at best.

    Look I know Canadian blood has been shed in these 2 debockels, and those men are heroes, and should be honored and revered. And I will personally thank any man, be it American, Canadian, britt, ausie, dose not matter for their self sacrifice and service to their country and to put them selves in harms way and do what is asked of them!!!!

    And this is not a thing that was directed at all Canadians, this was at lee, he has a history of getting into shit, thus the boxing day a queen comments. After all he turned it from a BS C4C thread to a evil wars comment, SO I answered his question and told him to STFU in not so many words.

    Leave a comment:


  • ramdmc
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    That said, its no place of yours to be commenting on it Why do you always get you nose into our politics, We dont pester you about Boxing day and your continued allegiance to the the queen do we.
    I'd like to point this out in the nicest way possible, not trying to flame anyone, but this war you claim for your own is actually very much ours as well. The previous US(Bush) administration dragged our asses into it and as polite and neighborly we are and against massive public protest, we went after the Taliban for our southerly brothers. Those planes hit US soil, not Canadian and we were never threatened until we stood up for our southern brothers and sisters. While Team Bush/Cheney invade a country for oil, we go looking for the Taliban in the mountain caves of Afghanistan. And we have paid dearly for it.

    So please don't get nasty and marginalize our contribution to your defense. After all, we are one of the very few friends you have who will stand by you and can count on like family.

    For the record, Boxing day is equivalent to Black Friday, a drunken orgy fueled by consumerism. And the queen? Isn't Freddy Mercury dead from the hiv? And Paul Rogers isn't really doing a good job of pulling it off on his own. ;)
    Last edited by ramdmc; 10-30-2009, 06:05 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    my kid left the house pissed at me tonight. i told him he was uninformed and brainwashed by liberal college professors. for the record my kid is far more intelligent than me but he has no grasp on reality or what its like to pay taxes and get fucked by the government. but i have faith.. once he starts making real money and sees where its going he will turn around, just like many of the morons on this board. all it takes is time. the sad truth is it will be too late by then.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Massive Lee
    "Clunkers: Taxpayers paid $24,000 per car"

    Hey VDubin, as you seem to excell in calculation, can you tell us how much sending troups to Iraq and Afghanistan has cost per capita. Another price that was paid is the human lives. How much was that other cost?

    Heard this on the radio yesterday

    With all the logistics of moving around in the remote mountains there all the equipment and training its estimated by several places one of which is the DoD anywhere from 500k to a cool Million a head per year.



    That said, its no place of yours to be commenting on it Why do you always get you nose into our politics, We dont pester you about Boxing day and your continued allegiance to the the queen do we.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiftbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Under_Pressure
    Ok so your going to tell me the old 14mpg average cars that are now junked and replaced by 20+mpg cleaner burning cars makes no impact? No matter how miniscule the amount it is less so just STFU. If your so smart wtf are you doing about it?
    Doing about what?


    Originally posted by Under_Pressure
    Im no hippie beleve me I would not want Florida to get emmisions again, I wouldnt be able to build my cars. I just wanted to get my .2 in and thats all.
    It always seems like the clowns want to get their 20 cents in...



    Originally posted by Massive Lee
    "Clunkers: Taxpayers paid $24,000 per car"

    Hey VDubin, as you seem to excell in calculation, can you tell us how much sending troups to Iraq and Afghanistan has cost per capita. Another price that was paid is the human lives. How much was that other cost?

    Lee, you seem like a nice guy and all, but when are you going to fuck off when it comes to American politics?

    Leave a comment:

Working...