Anyone here have Diabetes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here have Diabetes?

Shot in the dark but I thought I'd try here...

Hey guys, I a need some information from someone with Diabetes for school and I don't know anyone who has it. This is an interview type thing for my Nutrition class.

1. How did you find out you were diabetic?

2. What symptoms, if any, do you currently experience?

3. What do you have to do to control your diabetes (e.g., insulin, other medications, exercise, diet, etc.)?

4. How else does diabetes affect your day-to-day life?

5. Talk about the dietary changes you have made, if any.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this, it's due tomorrow haha.

Thanks guys

Wade

Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

tasty

Comment

I'll answer from experience on behalf of a really close friend I guess.

1. She ate a very high-carb meal at a restaurant, I forgot what exactly. Felt like crap the proceeding days, and went to get a check up. She blames that day to be the cause of her pancreas to fail.

2. Normal life from what I see and capable. If her blood sugar goes low, she will feel weak, tremble bit, pale. If her blood sugar is high, she feels nausea, light headed.

3. She is on a pump. She sets it (idk how) to pump a certain amount of insulin thru a catheter connected to her stomach. The pump looks like a pager. Since I'm her good friend, she'll joke about it saying she has a text message every time she takes it out haha.

4. I don't see anything other than the insecurty issue. You can ramble on this with your assignment in many ways. eg: people staring at your pump, people staring at you taking your blood sugar level with that finger poker thing, people seeing a catheter going from your pocket to your shirt. I don't know.

5. Not sure about this. She obviously has to count and balance the carb intake with the insulin pump. She is a healthy eater.

Hope this helped!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Hey! Finally, a serious post! This WILL help. Much appreciated bro. Have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            I'll answer from experience on behalf of a really close friend I guess.

1. She ate a very high-carb meal at a restaurant, I forgot what exactly. Felt like crap the proceeding days, and went to get a check up. She blames that day to be the cause of her pancreas to fail.

2. Normal life from what I see and capable. If her blood sugar goes low, she will feel weak, tremble bit, pale. If her blood sugar is high, she feels nausea, light headed.

3. She is on a pump. She sets it (idk how) to pump a certain amount of insulin thru a catheter connected to her stomach. The pump looks like a pager. Since I'm her good friend, she'll joke about it saying she has a text message every time she takes it out haha.

4. I don't see anything other than the insecurty issue. You can ramble on this with your assignment in many ways. eg: people staring at your pump, people staring at you taking your blood sugar level with that finger poker thing, people seeing a catheter going from your pocket to your shirt. I don't know.

5. Not sure about this. She obviously has to count and balance the carb intake with the insulin pump. She is a healthy eater.

Hope this helped!
            The pump applies to type 1 diabetes I believe, type 2 is the prick your finger to test etc.

Comment

Diabetes is NO JOKE

I have diabetes

I was diagnosed with diabetes on oct 31st when I was 11, 19 years ago, I was in the 6th grade.

Insulin dependent. if I don't take insulin.............I die

No table sugar, candy bars, ect, ect.....the list goes on

TEST YOUR BLOOD SUGAR AND DO IT OFTEN!

A blood sugar above 200 is causing internal organ damage.

Routine is #1, no routine= no control

My vision is seriously fucked up from not taking care of my health iin the past and I am paying for it now. I get infections very easily (on my hands mostly) If you get an infection, go to a doc and get help! you may lose a part of your body if not taken care of in a timely fashion.

Dry your feet very well after a shower.

Poor circulation is a common condition with diabetics, smoking tobacco reduces circulation in feet and hands. Other risks are heart disease, kidney failure, liver function and vision loss.

Try to keep your hemoglobin H1C around 6-6.5. Hemoglobin H1C is your average blood sugars for the prior 3 months.

You need to have help to control this disease!

It can be a very debilitating disease if not taken care of properly!

Beer is a no no

If you must drink alcohol, vodka and diet soda, get used to it.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR, if you die, I am not responsible for it!
              -Andy

Comment

sorry, i had to do it.
                http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

lol but seriously
                  -Andy

Comment

Diabetes has come close to killing my sister several times, including when she was first diagnosed. When she first got sick with it my mom thought she had the flu, so she made her high carb food like soups and gave her gatorade and whatnot. By the time my mom realized something was seriously fucked up her eyes had mostly sunk into her head and her piss was like fire extinguisher foam from the ketosis. Her blood sugar was so high the tester at the urgent care couldnt read it. When she got to the hospital her blood sugar was at 930. She almost went into a coma. You'd think after that she'd take care of her shit, but she's been in the hospital for DKA 6 or so times in the last 2 years. :/

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

crazy , thats on both sides of my fam. If been on a somewhat low carb thing since Aug, and I pretty much never have surger. Am I in harms way? Sorry ppls im kinda drunk and reading this. My mom,dad and sister have no signs of this but like I said its on both sides of fam. Im not skinny in no way but like I said i stay away from high carbs an sugar * spell checl<*

Comment

Originally posted by WADE30 View Post
                        Shot in the dark but I thought I'd try here...

Hey guys, I a need some information from someone with Diabetes for school and I don't know anyone who has it. This is an interview type thing for my Nutrition class.

1. How did you find out you were diabetic?

2. What symptoms, if any, do you currently experience?

3. What do you have to do to control your diabetes (e.g., insulin, other medications, exercise, diet, etc.)?

4. How else does diabetes affect your day-to-day life?

5. Talk about the dietary changes you have made, if any.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this, it's due tomorrow haha.

Thanks guys

Wade
                        I have diabetes for about 6 years now. My brother has it also.

I noticed it when i drunk a lot of water and i had to piss every 15 minutes.

I can't explain the symptoms of high or low sugar. They become different over years and they are changin. Furthermore i have to inject insulin 6 times a day with 2 different types of insulin.

To control my diabetes i have to test my sugar ca. 4-6 times a day. If you have a good control then 4 times are enough.

It does affect my day only a little bit. If you have everything under control you can life like anybody else. I can eat normal things like you. Also i can drink alcohol but not as much as other guys.
                        *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                          I wonder if Willie has seen this...funny shit!

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Diabetes is no joke and a growing problem.

If anyone is interested in finding out about new treatments which are not available in the USA yet please contact me or see our website.

sigpic
                            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                            X