Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e34john
    replied
    They should build it in a roadster. Looks good though but it would have to be in Silver.

Leave a comment:

• E30Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by Raxe View Post
    Yuck, no thanks. Bottom of the list.

YES PLEASE
    Agreed.

The only thing I like about the car are the doors and the exhaust tone. Other than that it's ugly as sin.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• boom-monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Raxe View Post
    Having driven many new M3's, I can verify that it's a hell of a fucking car. I don't know anybody who has been left feeling disappointed after driving one (except for the guy coming out of a Ford GT...)
    Truth, I actually thoroughly enjoy driving all of BMW's latest lineup, minus the verts.

The SLS is stellar. Looks great, surely drives great. I'm impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Raxe
    replied
    Having driven many new M3's, I can verify that it's a hell of a fucking car. I don't know anybody who has been left feeling disappointed after driving one (except for the guy coming out of a Ford GT...)

Leave a comment:

• bryant.cw
    replied
    I'm sure they are very impressive and comfortable.

And expensive.

If it was the same cost, sure I'd have an e46 M3, e39 M5, AMG mercedes SLK, Alpina 3, tc motorsports z4, 911 turbo 'vert etc. Sadly, they are not.

And no, even if I had the money, I just wouldn't own one of the mega cars.

Leave a comment:

• 87e30
    replied
    So many of use trash the size/weight/luxuries of new cars but how many of us have driven a brand new m3 or 500hp mercedes.

I think it would be interesting given a choice, if they were the same cost, which you'd choose.

Now me, being 20, and not having driven a brand new car nicer than a 528 or miata Ic an't tell you which I choose. But I'd bet I'd rather have an e92 m3 to a mazda miata.

e92 m3, big car, big hp, big tires.

miata, 2500lbs, manual, 170hp.

Leave a comment:

• Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by bryant.cw View Post
    Yawn. Yet another 500 hp waste of time you'll never touch much less ever see in person.

Let me know when BMW or mercedes comes out with an all manual car that weighs under 3000lbs and is under 30k with 200hp. Manual seats, manual climate control etc. Modern performance and reliability with old school feeling.
    Unfortunately that era is long dead. I think we all would like it to come back but with less people interested in cars, and their needs for more safety and toys, cars are only going to get heavier, get larger tires, and get more power.

Leave a comment:

• bryant.cw
    replied
    Yawn. Yet another 500 hp waste of time you'll never touch much less ever see in person.

Let me know when BMW or mercedes comes out with an all manual car that weighs under 3000lbs and is under 30k with 200hp. Manual seats, manual climate control etc. Modern performance and reliability with old school feeling.

Edit: Oh yeah, it was called the honda S2000
    Last edited by bryant.cw; 11-23-2009, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
    Not sure if the front end is too vertical
    Yup, look at the new 7 series for instance, it's too meet all the Euro pedestrean (I know I fucked the spelling) crash regs. And I don't like it.

Other than that it's cool I guess. Just looks disproportionate with that front end.

Leave a comment:

• RainierHooker
    replied
    Do like, everything but the excessively rounded lower rear on the profile. The gull-wings are necassary on this car, with the front end and those doors it just screems to you like the SLs of yore...

Leave a comment:

• Raxe
    replied
    Yuck, no thanks. Bottom of the list.

YES PLEASE

Leave a comment:

• stoliver54
    replied
    I am a fan of the car for sure, but there is something about the side profilr that I don't like... Not sure if the front end is too vertical, or the bonnet is too long, or if the cabin is too abrupt, something is just off. Otherwise the car is beautiful, and the performance is very impressive.

And Bishop, they had to put the gullwing doors on, otherwise it would not be a true throw back to the original. Supposedly they are much more user friendly than the original ones. At least they aren't shitty lambo doors.

Leave a comment:

• CJ7
    replied
    some stats from Automobile magazine.

6.2l V8, 563 HP, 479 LB/FT
    48% front, 52% rear weight distribution
    2.7 turns lock to lock (sounds like quick ass steering!)
    mechanical limited slip diff
    265 19" front wheels, 295 20" rear wheels
    3,570 pound claimed weight
    optional carbon-ceramic brakes, standard 6 and 4 pot steel

extra HP over the standard 6.2 comes from larger intake plenum, hotter camshafts, "more ambitious" valvetrain, low resistance exhaust, forged pistons, reinforced crankshaft bearings, toughened and reduced friction bore liners, harder crankcase, shorter cooling lines, more efficient lubrication with dry sump oil system

Mercedes claims 0-60 in 3.8s and a top speed of 195.

yeah, do want.

Leave a comment:

• TwoJ's
    replied
    Kind of a stupid video, but you can see what it looks like rolling and at many more angles. Also, it sounds wonderful -- not your typical, high-revving screamer super car sound. Looks like gold calipers are an option as well.

I love the stubby nose and how wide/low it is.

Leave a comment:

• TwoJ's
    replied
    That is a very good looking car to me. Like others have said, the back end isn't the greatest, but I still think it is very appealing.

I surely wouldn't mind 563 bhp and 479 ft-lb of torque in a 3500 pound car. 0-60 in 3.8? Fuck yes.

'Tis a bit pricey though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X