Itunes music help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itunes music help

My harddrive died on my imac and i lost all of my music. i have my ipod with all of the music still on it. How can i copy my music back to itunes? a free program would be nice. Thanks

Can't you just go to

File:

Add file to library:

Then select your ipod from the list and bam?
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

there is no way to do this internal to iTunes. Depending on how old your ipod is you may be able to go into windows explorer and move the music manually. Make sure you "show hidden files first". The music will be labeled with numbers but iTunes will correct that once you tell iTunes to retrieve them from their new location. You can also download a program to do this for you. Good luck, iTunes is a bitch in this respect. iTunes won't even let me move my music that I bought on my iPhone onto my computer WTF!

Comment

i have a mac. no windows. Thanks. ps thats shitty about the iphone thing

Comment

There's nothing "free" to do it, I have looked all over for this same reason. If you are using a mac try this:

Otherwise, I have used TouchCopy on windows to do the same thing.
          Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

This is what I used when my hard drive died back in the day. It worked so well I actually bought it, too. I don't remember if it has limitations if you don't buy it (like only being able to copy 5 songs or something).

If it does, let me know and I'll send you my registration info.

Matt
            Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
            I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
            Originally posted by kronus
            try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
            Originally posted by chadthestampede
            This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

there are free methods to transfer songs from ipod to computer. google it.
              http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

you can try this http://www.podtomac.com/

i stumbled on it i haven't got the chance to use it yet though

Comment

reason #? not to use iTunes.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

You could try http://www.ilinkpod.com/

I dunno though. I used Ephpod and it worked ok, but they only have it for windows.
                    Originally posted by LJ851
                    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I used a program called iDump about a year ago. worked well and it was free. not sure if its still available though
                      PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

there's one called senuti (itunes backwards) for mac. I use sharepod and it was free and works great, It's really fast too if you have a lot of music.
                        "We can't drink here.... This is frat country"

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                        I'm gonna quote a lot of you later this year.

Comment

+ however many to using Senuti
                          <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                          unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

To think, it's been over five years since we last tackled how to get music off your iPod, as opposed to the other way around. Back then, the classic model had only recently added the infamous click wheel (while still rocking the monochrome screen, mind you), iPod nano was still called the mini, and viewing photos was a brand new feature worthy of having its own line. It's time to take another look at how to transfer media of all sorts -- audio, video, and pictures -- from a variety of iPods and iPhones back to your Windows or Mac OS X machine. Jump to: Windows | OS X
                            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Working...
                            X