i quit drinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
    I have tried just about everything. It taste so bad and the alchohol taste just rips through every drink I have tried. So I never fully consume any of the drinks, beers etc. To this point I have tried so much that I stopped tasting them to try and find someone I want haha

I'll stick with water and a soda once every couple days. And I love sweet tea :) Working out so far.
    Yeah, the taste gets better as you drink it though. I understand where you're coming from, I was the same way before.

Just personally, I had to try it.
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
      man there are some great bits of educated advice in this thread, if youre an alcoholic or drug addict you should
      1 man up you fucking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles
      2 tip your bartenders well and they will watch after you
      3 practice self control
      fucking brilliant
      Hey Blunt, great job on completely negating everything else I said. And btw, I haven't been legitimately drunk for 3 months, mostly thanks to my bartenders who refuse to serve me anything after 3 drinks. I also talked with them about it. I went from spending $1200 a month on alcohol down to $90 last month. So yeah I tip my bartenders well and they keep an eye on me the 4 days a week I'm at the bar. FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!!!
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
        I have tried just about everything. It taste so bad and the alchohol taste just rips through every drink I have tried.
        Word. :( I've figured out that a "good tasting drink" really just means "bearable" if you're not already a few under.

I've found that a decent beer or two (none of that piss) is the most bearable way to get a nice buzz going without resorting to bitch beers/panty droppers.

Comment

Actually the best drink I have ever had as far as taste is those smernoff(sp?) singles. They are kinda girly as far as drinks go but they are very drinkable. The two I've had, one tasted like sprite and the other like cranberry juice.
          Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
          every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
          Originally posted by Jparkr
          The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
          87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
            Hey Blunt, great job on completely negating everything else I said. And btw, I haven't been legitimately drunk for 3 months, mostly thanks to my bartenders who refuse to serve me anything after 3 drinks. I also talked with them about it. I went from spending $1200 a month on alcohol down to $90 last month. So yeah I tip my bartenders well and they keep an eye on me the 4 days a week I'm at the bar. FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!!!
            you have a great handle on yourself. congrats.read what you just wrote in 15 years you fucking idiot.
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

blunt, all I was suggesting to the OP was to try just having 2 drinks at the bar over the night if he had not already tried that. if he is incapable of that, then there is other underlying issues.
              just because he does not like what has happened when he has been drunk does not mean he is an alcoholic. doing bad things and no ability to control the drinking, that is another story.

i have and have had (they are dead now) friends who were drug addicts and alcoholics, i know what addiction can do and was not belittling it.

at one point i was closing down the bar 6 nights a week, then getting up and going to work, home, gym, bar...repeat. i am not an alcolholic and i was not doing it to hide or deal with any problems. hell i was getting laid by randoms a couple of nights during the week and always on the weekends, it was something social and i was having a blast.
              then i got tired of my entire social life revolving around a bar or going out drinking, so i bought a dog and hardly went out or drank for almost 8 months. i just wanted a change so it went to work, gym, dog and dog training, working on the house car, repeat.

if you can't make a concious decision to change and follow through with it, then you do INDEED have a problem.
              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ben312 View Post
                Actually the best drink I have ever had as far as taste is those smernoff(sp?) singles. They are kinda girly as far as drinks go but they are very drinkable. The two I've had, one tasted like sprite and the other like cranberry juice.
                I would not admit that if I were you. Seriously though, my friends and I would steal those from our parents in high school and they tasted like sugary shit to us even then. Alcohol and sugar do not go together.
                sigpic

Comment

Hard cider is the shit.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                    you have a great handle on yourself. congrats.read what you just wrote in 15 years you fucking idiot.

It's pointless trying to talk to people about addiction who don't know anything about it.

If you are an alcoholic you shouldn't be drinking at all, ever again.. Even if you think you have a control on it alcoholism will ALWAYS progress and get worse. Great job, you have a handle on it today, in a few years you might be in a terrible place.

Oh well, live and learn. It's funny though, with basically any situation in life if you have a bad experience, you stop what you were doing so you don't repeat that experience. I see a lot of people who have a lot of bad experiences with alcohol and don't call it quits, and don't change anything about their drinking. I know I didn't, and I almost ended up dying. Luckily I've been sober for about 2.75yrs now, glad to be done with that drama.

Comment

re: alcoholism

my ex-girlfriend, now friend used to drink almost every night to the point of blacking out (ftr, this was before we were together). she says she doesn't even like the taste of any alcoholic drink, she was just literally addicted.

after driving her car through a house on her 21st birthday, getting a DUI and having her license suspended, she decided to transfer schools (partially due to embarassment, partially due to peer-influence), joined AA, and has been sober for 20 months now.

i share this information to aid those who argue that battling alcoholism isn't as easy as just "saying no" or "only having a couple drinks". it can be a very serious disease, and there are people who are genetically predisposed to suffer from it. once that tiny bit is on your tongue, those uncontrollable, unreasonable urges to consume more take over.
                      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                        Yeah, the taste gets better as you drink it though. I understand where you're coming from, I was the same way before.

Just personally, I had to try it.

As I told my friend that told me 'good beer is an acquired taste' I will say the same here...

"I also heard that good semen is an acquired taste so maybe you should try that a couple times..."

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

This is the friend that believes I don't drink because of some 'incident' that turned me off to drinking and not just a personal choice.

Comment

56 years old
                          twisting wrenches since age 5 and using wrench lubricant since 10 yers old
                          its hard to give up something that has been in your life for 46 years, but you will find friends adn hobbies that dont need wrench lubricant
                          this little sticker has haleped me make new friends, 8 months and counting, now to quit smoking ( cigs anyway)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X